Ranking
Originally Posted by haze View Post
i'll fix the whole thing before i sell it

Ok, sounds like you are just like all the other artists, just after the tcs since your selling it already and your screens aren't fixed.

And most of the top non c/p artists don't use mudbox as far as I know. My computer can't even run the trial version.
yes chillz, because you are the one artist that doesn't sell any of his art, so you have full right to critisize someone else for doing it

and yes, the pics are updated and working

@cj, there isnt a dark duke in torishop so i couldnt put it on
I'm not saying don't sell it. I'm saying fix your mistakes (mirroring issues, mapping) that you said you were going to fix. That way you can actually improve. And your art will be worth more. Instead of selling it before it is done, like I see a lot of artists doing.

Also it's not that I don't sell any of my work. I just don't agree with the art market at the moment. And I'm not satisfied with what my art looks like to show the public.

Also an easy way to get the dark duke hair is
find someone who has it,
open their item.dat file.
Copy the hair lines
And paste them a blank item.dat in your preview folder.
Last edited by 13chillz; Jul 7, 2014 at 10:08 PM.
Originally Posted by haze View Post

I love the idea and how you're handling it but just a concern.

WHAT IS THAT INBETWEEN HIS EYEBROWS.
Yeah, the skin folds when you get angry but not three times all perfectly equal. Honestly, the only time a head should be mirrored are with themes that fit a factory made item. Organic textures need flaws. Things like soft shaded vains popping, realistic colouring, vegeta's A class side smirk.
Yes its anime based and there his face is symmetrical, but an artistic license is something everyone has.

If I were you, I wouldn't be close to selling this yet. Lots of finishing touches to be done.
Considered adding highlights with the hair texture? That would gain massive rep points for this set AND bring in some extra TC.

Originally Posted by 13chillz View Post
I'm not saying don't sell it. I'm saying fix your mistakes (mirroring issues, mapping) that you said you were going to fix. That way you can actually improve. And your art will be worth more. Instead of selling it before it is done, like I see a lot of artists doing.

I guess I'm just repeating chillz in the end but you've got a good thing going here so please don't stop until it's finished to the best of your ability.
"Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork."
i think you should add color to hands i mean all you have done is sketching
Welcome me back maybe?
YES NO ONE REMEMBERS ME BUT MY FRIENDS
I see what you're trying to with the eyebrows and the nose:

wrinkles

but Vegeta doesn't have that, and it looks really weird on him.

Vegeta

Also, the shoes need more details and he only has ONE widow's peak.

And also, the ears look horrible.. They just look pasted on...
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Its really lacking in the design aspect, the head is great but you didn't put much into the set. Besides the great arms texture obviously.