Ranking
Original Post
Toribash Multiplayer layout redesign [Rev05]
Hi folks!
Even if i'm not a champion in the game, i really love Toribash and the community that has born around it.
So, a few days ago i was looking for some rooms and then had a vision.
Now that Toribash is on Steam and is even more popular than before, what would be like a user interface upgrade?
So i moved on my laptop and started crafting some buttons, tabs, windows etc... at the end i got this. Which is only the very very very first wip of what a real redesign could be like.
Tell me what do you think, any tips is welcome and appreciated!

V0

I'm actually thinking about replacing the options-bar (belt restricted etc) with flags to check.. maybe more intuitive?

Let your ideas flow in your mind!
And of course, thanks for your time

P.S.: I'm noticing that colors are darker than expected, i'll fix that soon (done)

-------------- Newer versions ------------------

Rev5: Search bar (finally!), friends/buddy icon, improved shadows, filter options fixed, just one more entry.

(click to view at full-size)

Old presentation

Rev4: New color scheme (thanks to Sir), Tori logo added, NewRoom and Back changed (again), even more entries.

Rev3: Can we just skip this? ok...

Rev2: Even more bright colors, added rooms, scaled down some texts, improved NewRoom and Back buttons.

Rev1: Brightened some colors, added rooms, fixed distances, improved Enter button, selected room, NewRoom and Back icons.

Last edited by LordLucas; Sep 15, 2014 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Rev5
The current toribash layout looks like something you would see on a Alpha, this would be awesome so much better than the current.
Even though the current menu is working perfectly, this one looks 10* better.
Making the game prettier is almost the only thing left to do with toribash, and this would certainly help alot. Really like it btw.
Fukin spice and wolf
Originally Posted by DoctorGold View Post
The current toribash layout looks like something you would see on a Alpha, this would be awesome so much better than the current.

Originally Posted by IceColor View Post
Even though the current menu is working perfectly, this one looks 10* better.
Making the game prettier is almost the only thing left to do with toribash, and this would certainly help alot. Really like it btw.

These are exactly the reason why i tought i should, at least, give a try in redesigning ToribashMP
Thanks for your compliments guys!
I'm actually working on some fixes for the Rev4 and preparing some concepts for a redesigned chat (clearer commands 'cause i hate to remember every time the right command and some other fancy stuff).
Originally Posted by sir View Post
But... it doesn't suit the Toribash style. Like, at all.

this design has the same style found at http://www.toribash.com/ page. think again.

it's about time we refined these things and i personally love this design.
Last edited by killer3366; Aug 11, 2014 at 03:56 PM.
Dot dot dot
I Really like the design and want it to change to something like this!
and what Viraly0 said .. that this layout has become kinda boring.

Aaaaaalso i noticed that you wrote ''Descritption'' instead of description :P
dis is my signature
Originally Posted by killer3366 View Post
this design has the same style found at http://www.toribash.com/ page. think again.

it's about time we refined these things and i personally love this design.

This?
No, I don't think so.

Version 4+ are all fine.