Toribash
In the actual state of Toribash, I'd say some grab mod like TK or Aikido, Striking mods can't be consistent as long as the main winning factor will be time wasting and point advantage, too much randomness involved and low-skilled strategy are too effective (just like Mayweather, olololol).

TK & Aikido-like mods do have metagames that require players to reach a goal to win, like pinning the adversary down or out of the ring in aikido, or destroying him in TK...

I think pure striking mods (Wushu, Rk-mma, Lenshu3ng, Stabjutsu) have some great potential when it comes to consistency and "competitiveness", but we need a "First to X points wins" trigger thingy like discussed many times, and that Odlov posted not that long ago.

So, I'd say actual most consistent mod : Aikido/Greykido or Taekkyon.
But striking mods have a way deeper meta-game and a larger skill-palette to explore, and would be way more consistent than aikido/taekkyon if they had the right "Type of victory".
Last edited by deprav; May 4, 2015 at 02:14 AM.
I would say (And I know this is probably dumb) PendulumJumper.tbm
Get a good opener, make to the end and bam, you probably just won and/or tied.
Tk is a good mod too. Even if TF 10 is small and give you time to react, it's really hard to block a high velocity hit, not to mention that if you play tk even slightly good, you'll have an opener that allows for a good starter hit.
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Let me be clear:

Pendulum Jumper, like tic tac toe, is a solved game. You can guarantee a win or tie no matter what.

We're talking about when a pro plays an average player.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
If TK had a much higher dm and fracture threshold then I'd say that.

Isn't that basically ErthTK?
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Lenshu3ng.
-Realistic gravity
-Limited sparring area without rules
-no gab
-30tf (I guess) = harder to make moves = it gets easier to use 10tf mods
-you have to learn comebacks
-teaches how to save dq.
-gives a chance to fix your tori with timed dq
-dm is possible and treshold is high. = you can get a dm if you kick/punch well.
-gives you a style rusher/offensive/defensive/combeck king etc.
-There's a public room and a 500tc tourney so you can win while having fun
-matchs are uniqe
-gives a chance to make random( trying new figures, not pressing number joints) moves.
.)
Leon The Black
Originally Posted by eki27 View Post
I don't think taekkyon is a really consistent mod. I might really like it,and no glitches happen, but there are problems with noobs umm newcomers.

They don't hit each other
They move away from each other
They don't move(which results to idling),thinking they'll win
They don't hit each other

<3

And Gtboxing.tbm is also good, you'll have no choice but to fight
You can't run because your feet are stuck on the ground

Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
If you had to pick a mod, in Toribash, that by being the better player you would win over your opponent, which mod would it be?

So what do you guys think? What mod, if you were the best player in the world at it, would you maintain the highest win rate against other great players at?

What factors did you think about when coming up with your answer?

Well you're in the eyes of a godtier player in ____ mod, playing against other great players. So it comes down to the skill each player has that dictates the winner. In TK, most great player grab with question, and kick, block, etc. It's a battle of "Who can get the better strike in first."

TK does have it's downsides, however. Improper grabs can lead to hand dms and both parties flying away. Kicks are sort of overpowered at the range and if you fail to block, that's about it in terms of the match.

The mod I would said would allow great players to maintain the highest win rate would be RK-MMA. The mod is wrapped around the basis of Comebacks. It's a no grab mod which forces the player to strike and keep at the opponent to win. It's not opener based, as the small dojo and long dq timeout is perfect for turning a nasty game around in only an instant. It's diverse, and you tend to never see bullshit DMs unless it's of course your fault or you succumb to an extremely hard strike. That's my opinion.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Either Tk(Erthtkv2) or Lenshu3ng, just because there arent definitive ways to win in either of those mods. Both players have a solid chance to win in any given situation. I would say ABD but point holding is an almost definitive way to win if you do it right, people like Giraffus can break point holds but there arent many people like that.
♥Team Aikido-[Obey]-OoT-[Vibe]-Team Pokemon♥
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
If TK had a much higher dm and fracture threshold then I'd say that.

^

Or rk-mma with increased DM and Fraq.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Rk-mma and Wushu with a dojo (wushu_2015.tbm) are very close from lenshu3ng tbh, different turn-frames, gravity and point distribution, but the metagame is pretty much the same. But yeah same issue, you can point hold like a mofo.