Toribash
Originally Posted by eki27 View Post
Well yes, but I think they're planning to make the toris more "realistic"

Lol no. Tori's are going to stay the same, there's no reason to completely change the meta of the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
Lol no. Tori's are going to stay the same, there's no reason to completely change the meta of the game.

it wouldnt change the "meta" at all.

they would still function the same, u can even apply the same head textures on the non sphere heads.
only the 3D items would need a tweak i think.

otherwise only the look of them would change.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by eki27 View Post
Well yes, but I think they're planning to make the toris more "realistic"

I just won't upgrade to 5.0. I don't think Hampa is going to make them look more "realistic". Like, more of a head looking head, will take away what people have made their head texture picture. It would ruin that part. If he's wanting to change other parts of the body, that wouldn't change too much. But the head would be too much in my opinion.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
I just won't upgrade to 5.0. I don't think Hampa is going to make them look more "realistic". Like, more of a head looking head, will take away what people have made their head texture picture. It would ruin that part. If he's wanting to change other parts of the body, that wouldn't change too much. But the head would be too much in my opinion.

no thats absolutley incorrect.
if u take a look at the gormans group (easily available over hours' link) you can see that pretty much nothing changes on the head texture

u can use it, as it is.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
no thats absolutley incorrect.
if u take a look at the gormans group (easily available over hours' link) you can see that pretty much nothing changes on the head texture

u can use it, as it is.

Ah. I only saw a photo. That's what I went off of.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Lets take a look at what we do know which is comming in the future:

- Purchases through Steam (afaik they still haven't been released)
- New mods
- Possible fight stances for these new mods (and not in the way which LesDuncan described)

This is what I'm expecting to hit somewhere down the 5.0 patches. Probably going to receive new sounds and 3D items (this is me speculating).

As far as changes to the toris go... that would literally break the game and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be mad. Pretty much every single opener and move created in the past would become invalid. The meta would also change completely and we would have new cheese openers. So basically, instead of shovelling and noob clapping, we get something else which the Tori models would have difficulty blocking. Plus, the entire feeling would be different because we would be moving from cluncky robotic-ish movements to more smooth and realistic movements.

Add that to the fact that Toribash takes a while to become good at, imagine how frustrated people would be. We would also most likely have to remake every texture set because if the body parts change proportions, the textures won't look good on them.

Oh, and don't even get me started on how complex making a single kick would become. In order to make movements more realistic, we need more joints or more/different options on joints. That would make giving a single kick a lot harder than it already is and increase Toribash's learning curve by quite a big margin. Toribash already has difficulty retaining players because it is so hard... imagine if you make it even harder. The only benefit which would come out of this would be allowing players who put the time in learning how to use a revamped/more realistic set of joints to do even more amazing/realistic looking moves.

I'm pretty sure we all saw this

This picture will NEVER represent how the toris will look like. We would probably need WAY more joints to make that body move realistically. It's basically nothing but the current tori with joints positionned a bit better (which doesn't change how the Tori would move) and a more realistic body. Don't even get me started on how you are supposed to grab and how fake it will look.

So, bottom line, I REALLY doubt that the base Tori models are going to change for the rest of Toribash's existence. What we may expect to see someday is a mod which allows more realisitic movements on the Toris but in no way do I see such a mod becoming the base Tori models.
Last edited by Liquidoom; May 8, 2015 at 04:51 PM.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
Hmmm well shutter shades and sub hats exist, the 3d is real mates.
Just look at this thread http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=512630
They clearly state they are looking for more people to make 3d, the 3d is real I tell you!

here's a sneak peek of 5.0

And that's just the beginning... You can make anything in 3d after all!

Having this one would suck because the hitbox is bigger, but if you pay a lot then you can get something with a tiny head that's very hard to hit.
This is the new beginner model btw, you have this till end of green belt.

just kidding hitboxes won't change
Last edited by ImmortalPig; May 8, 2015 at 06:46 PM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
all 5.0 needs to be instantly better than the previous version is something to do while waiting in queue
oh yeah
If you're not hyped for 5.0 well... You should be.

Last edited by ImmortalPig; May 8, 2015 at 08:31 PM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff