Toribash
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
GunkMan I forgot to say that I really don't like C/P so Yeah haha

What do you mean by Copy Paste? If you look properly (as you should ata detailed sets) you can see all his sets are different

Yes, they are all different but by copy and paste I meant he got the sources from google or somewhere and copied and pasted them onto an image editor and manage to add some small touches. Even he admitted to working with C/P.
I am just an icon livin'
Well, you asked for good sets in stated catagories, his c/p is detailed.

You didn't ask which sets you like, thats a bit hard to pick for us.

I personally think the set Fistoflife currently has is pretty sick.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well, you do have a point there and FlyingMonk is the best in the C/P category. I also agree with you on Fistoflife's set <333
I am just an icon livin'
Pate5
Old artist look him up.
Just by living, people hurt others without even realizing it. So long as humanity exists, hate will also exist. There is no peace in this cursed world. War is just a crime paid for by the pain of the defeated...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Gunkman04 View Post
Well flyingmonk definitely has the best detailed sets. http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=445776

this is objectively false

If I made a texture consisting of 512 individual differently colored pixels would you call it "detailed"? Nope, that'd just be random noise. And random noise is what I see when I look at FlyingMonk's textures. "Detail" isn't about fitting as much shit as possible into a texture.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
True, but then again something detailed means something with meaning unlike noise.

The first two don't look that great tbh.
The magma one is nice tho.
----------
I found Pate5's photobucket: http://s19.photobucket.com/user/Pate...?sort=3&page=2
Last edited by Deadmau5; Jul 15, 2015 at 01:53 AM.
Just by living, people hurt others without even realizing it. So long as humanity exists, hate will also exist. There is no peace in this cursed world. War is just a crime paid for by the pain of the defeated...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
True, but then again something detailed means something with meaning unlike noise.

Alright, so look at some of the other sets and tell me what their meaning is. Not too difficult for most of them. Maybe you can't say exactly what they are, but there's some sort of central theme.

Inox? Tech demon of some sort.
nblx/Aveance/JackerFx collab? Spooky zombie mummy.

Now look at FlyingMonk's sets. Try to tell me what they are and what makes them different from each other. I'll give it a shot.
First one: Okay, there's... uh... There's some fingers over there. Is that a visor or a mouth? Are those things above it eyes? Are those ribcages on the thighs? Why are there ribcages on the thighs? God damn those trail textures are awful. Why is the ground texture a screenshot of the head from a weird angle? Why are there MRIs of someone's brain on the shins?
Second: Alright, maybe those are eyes. They're kind of low to be eyes though. Is that thing between them a nose? Why are the eyebrows coming out of the nose? Ground texture is yet another screenshot of the head. I have no idea what's going on with the rest of it. Again terrible trails.
Third one: Agreed with Deadmau5, this is the only one that makes any sort of thematic sense and isn't outright terrible. It's a lava guy.
But the first and second? I don't know how to differentiate between them. One's red and one's green. They may as well be recolors of a single set for all I care. I don't even know which part I'm supposed to be looking at because it's so fucking noisy. I can barely fucking distinguish different body parts in several of the screenshots. My eyes hurt a little bit.

Mind you I'm not arguing that abstract sets are bad. It's entirely possible to have a good abstract set. These are not good abstract sets. These are an effort to shove something into every little bit of blank space with virtually no sense of purpose besides "shove something into every little bit of blank space".
Last edited by hanz0; Jul 15, 2015 at 02:07 AM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&