Toribash
Originally Posted by SkipBySkip View Post
I love Science

Originally Posted by Sc1ence01 View Post
Well my favorite subject is of course: Science

is science even a real subject?

biology and chemistry are cool but they did a shit job teaching them in school.

I always liked technology classes cuz we made heaps of throwing stars, weapons and other inappropriate objects in it.
Science

Pretty much the top 3 (chemistry, biology, physics) and computing science

Though, out of the 4, i'll choose computing science. I enjoy working on stuff for a while and seeing it come to life, which is basically what programming is. It's also pretty nice to do something the general population can't do.

Sadly that's not what most people think in my class. My classmates think they can get away if I email them my working code through the school email. I might send them a fake one at some point just to annoy them :P
-----
Originally Posted by RAAAGE View Post
I always liked technology classes cuz we made heaps of throwing stars, weapons and other inappropriate objects in it.

Technology is cool too. But what kind of technology?

Out of the 3 they tought in my school (product design, electronics and textiles) I preferred electronics for the same reason as computer science. Seeing things come to life after a while ;P

I'm pretty sure I still have my don't touch the wire game. Can't remember what it was called but it was my fondest memory of year 8

Oh and my technology teacher let me 3d print a csgo butterfly knife model online and had the same taste in music as me. Big ++
Last edited by Nagato; Apr 13, 2016 at 11:45 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
I should enroll in the theatrical arts.
Well really, I'm not the biggest fan of school, I'd much sit here and watch the forums or something.

Well, I like math. Its really kind of easy, ya know, if you do it right.

<-- The average person who usually doesn't like school and doesn't pay attention to anything that is actually happening around them.

<-- me when I have to do 3 projects that I really don't want to do. I mean really, who wants to do all that stuff that your probably never going to actually use in life? Like the... *cough* the... *cough*...human body oh dear god just no. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...E4&FORM=VRDGAR
:)
Math is sick, I'm majoring it in college so I better like it. It just makes sense, more so than any other subject to me.

Literature is a close second, books are dope

Philosophy is pretty cool too but I've only taken one class in it so far in my life
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
... school?

:U

It has varied a lot, really, and the lack of a definite favourite class for me is also why i can't bloody figure out what i want to do. Art, music and psychology classes are probably the only ones that haven't been soured (or uninteresting to begin with) for me in some way by now, and that's probably mostly because i haven't had them at a high level yet (so i guess those are my favourites for now??). Language, math, Generic Science Class (including physics, chemistry and biology), even IT/electronics (which includes programming class), which i thought was my thang for a long time, all of those have turned out to be no-go's for me.

So why don't i study art, music or psychology? Well, the first two are almost worthless in terms of earning a living (let's not kid ourselves here), and i don't think i have the right personality to be a psychologist. I'm waaaaaaaaaaay too impatient and easily frustrated, which is terrible for helping people deal with persistent and recurring problems, and that's without counting my social anxiety.

Basically, long story short, art (i like arting), music (i like music) and psychology (people are interesting).
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Art was always both my favorite and least favorite subject in school.
frustrating subject, but it was the most engaging subject and we had a really "enthusiastic" teacher (she crazy)

Originally Posted by Shook View Post
So why don't i study art, music or psychology? Well, the first two are almost worthless in terms of earning a living (let's not kid ourselves here), andi don't think i have the right personality to be a psychologist. I'm waaaaaaaaaaay too impatient and easily frustrated, which is terrible for helping people deal with persistent and recurring problems, and that's without counting my social anxiety.

To be fair, Psychology has more applications in the real world than just Psychiatry.
Its considered an easy major (relatively speaking) and knowing how people think and why they think the way they do has practical applications in most jobs.
its usually a subject included in most BCOM / BBA degrees (Over here atleast) as it has so many practical applications, and it pairs up with most subjects quite well.
So dont discredit it just yet.

Music, I'll agree with you.

but dont discount art as an income booster, I would never suggest making it your primary earner, but doing commisions or selling art youve made in your free time, at auctions/to galleries can be a real life saving income booster.
Last edited by BenDover; Apr 14, 2016 at 10:25 AM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
edit: i should clear up that im in my last year of HS so my insight is probably not the most insightful

i used to enjoy math but this year has been a total snorefest.. plus our teacher seriously overrates the quality of most of the students in my class and is somewhat impatient which makes it less fun (he is a great guy though)

all of the art subjects were fun as long as they didnt require me to draw. i am seriously kindergarten tier when it comes to drawing. so 10% of arts was fun

i actually really liked physics last year, but i have an inept teacher this year that tries to explain everything in the most heinous way possible while also having an extremely weak grasp on language.

i don't really like chemistry that much, doesn't make sense to me

fuck biology. and portuguese and english too, i hate language subjects

i like PE, but i can't do most of the classes because my lungs kill themselves if i run for 10 seconds. real shame, i used to hate PE when i was an insecure kid but now it's one of the most fun classes.

i only had philosophy for 2 years but it was a real wildcard, it really depends on the content. i really enjoyed most of the first year, but completely shut down during 80% of the classes in the second year.

i fail to pinpoint a favourite subject because most of them have inherent characteristics that prevent me from enjoying them or i've just had poor teachers. i'm not a fan of school in general, i feel like most of the stuff i am learning will be irrelevant soon. i really like learning stuff that i can easily see tangible use for like trigonometry and physics, but it feels like only a small part of school i realise that i am probably at fault here for not realising how important school might be but i am unable to be good at something that i don't enjoy.
Last edited by pusga; Apr 14, 2016 at 04:25 PM.
oh yeah
My current math teacher made math super damn fun and interesting. None of his lessons go by the book, he does his own stuff but is actually very good at math, and manages to explain things even to the less inteligent people in the class. Math definitely jumped up on my fav list since he started teaching us.
h