Ranking
Heh, some people have suffered motion sickness from it. I don't even though im very prone to motion sickness. The awesome cures me :>
It's pretty damn awesome
It's great fun stringing together lots of great moves and the levels look awesome. It can get a bit repetitive but not that badly.
I've had it for about a month now, but my xbox broke so I haven't completed it yet.
I suggest renting this instead of buying, and here's why:

Mirrors edge consists of seven or so chapters, each only about half-an-hour long. This can be beaten pretty quickly if you have nothing better to do.

The game play is fun, but repetitive. Oh my god, a box is red. Pressing LB will make me fly high when I go near it. The first three chapters give you a large variety of different actions to perform, such as combat, hijacking helicopters, and sliding down a weird glass roof.

Also, you can sometimes find that the game can be nail-biting-ly frustrating, especially when you have no choice but to run past a SWAT guy firing off a shotgun in your face. You may swear, rip the thumb-sticks off your controller and throwing the mangled piece of plastic at your dog, and basically being a bitch to everybody you meet until you get rid of the game.

Graphics are surprisingly fresh, especially for the first-person 3D view. Although this is a first for Electronic Arts, this is also the worst idea they have ever come up with, unless they want to lose their lunch.

Glitchy environment may lead to missing the damn box or pole by a 'fraction' of an inch, leaving you to either plunge to your grisly death, or losing precious momentum, which leaves you vulnerable to SWAT shooting at you (I'm looking at you, shopping mall).

Lastly, the storyline is very linear, leaving little to the imagination. The cartoonist type graphics in the cut scenes may be either easy or hard to follow, depending on if you like American anime (But I suspect that this game must have some kind of Japanese root).

My rating for the game:

Game Play - 8.2/10
Graphics - 9.6/10
Music - 9.4/10
Storyline - 5.6/10

Total Average - 8.9/10

Sorry EA.
Last edited by DejaVu; Dec 31, 2008 at 05:44 AM.
Fonzie be with you.
played it before. its quite a nice preview for the actual game
Talk your shit, be yourself
play the cards that you've been dealt. -E-Dubble

Hxcbbqimo: you're german
Hxcbbqimo: so you don't count
it been released in the UK already and I've got it for my 360, its a great game but that paint drawn map basically says a lot about the game, if you don't make the jump then you fall to your death and have to start at the beginning of the course or from a checkpoint that you have reached, but other than the annoying little things its an all round good game and is pretty realistic.