Toribash
1. Download the newest desktop drivers from NVIDIA's WEBSITE or get them from Driver Heaven Downloads.

1a: If you are using Windows XP or earlier, install .Net Framework (the program won't run without this), the latest version can be found at this link.

2. Run the downloaded driver and let it extract or if the driver is in zip format then extract it manually into a folder, for example into C:/NVIDIA/"Windows version"/"Driver version" - but cancel the installation once the driver is extracted.

3. Run Mobility Modder.NET nVidia Edition and browse to the driver in C:/NVIDIA/"Windows version"/"Driver version" - an example of nVidia GeForce 177.79 would be C:/NVIDIA/WinVista/177.79 - hit modify. Wait until driver is modified.

4. In Vista, go to C:/NVIDIA/WinVista/177.79 (Or whatever the driver installation folder was called), and run the SETUP.EXE.

5. Wait until Install is finished and reboot. Enjoy the new drivers !

There you go.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
It's not working. This is exactly what I'm doing:

1. Download the file.
2. Click on MMDotNETnVSetup3.exe, and run it.
3. Accept Terms, next, don't change anything for where it goes, check only the desktop shortcut, then default again. I finish the setup.
4. When I click finish, it runs DH Mobility Modder.NET nVidia Edition.
5. I click Browse.
6. I browse to the default dumping place, C:/Program Files/MobilityDotNETnV
7. When I open up the folder (in the browse with DH Mobility Modder), there's nothing there but one folder inside, Log. I don't click on it.
8. I click modify for C:/Program Files/MobilityDotNETnV
9. It says "There are 0 INF files modified in 0.0 seconds" in blue.
10. That obviously didn't work, so I click to the MobilityDotNETnV again, and instead, I select Log.
11. This time, I click modify for C:/Program Files/MobilityDotNETnV/Log
12. It still give me the same message.
13. I give up.

Note: I also navigated to that folder with Windows Explorer, and there's a lot of stuff in the folder. (C:/Program Files/MobilityDotNETnV, not Log)
What am I doing wrong?
K, you need this driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_181.20_whql.html

Download it, and extract it - but cancel the install.

Check your MobilityModder - there should be 2 files, licence.txt & MMDotNETnVSetup.exe

If not re-download.

Run MMDotNETnVSetup - you'll need to tell it where the Nvidia drivers you downloaded earlier are (should be either C:\nvidia\... or C:\program files\nvidia\...)

Once that's done goto the you found the driver in & run setup.

So basically, what it does is modify the official Nvidia driver so it can be used on laptops.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I did exactly that, and I got to:

Run MMDotNETnVSetup - you'll need to tell it where the Nvidia drivers you downloaded earlier are (should be either C:\nvidia\... or C:\program files\nvidia\...)

Once that's done goto the you found the driver in & run setup.

I ran it, and modified it. It modified one file. Then I went to the driver folder (C:/NVIDIA/WinXP/181.20/English for me), then found the setup.exe. I ran it, it came up with the fancy stuff, then it gave me an error.

"Setup detected that the operating system is not in the use of 2000 or XP" Or something like that. Now what?
goto www.Nvidia.com & try another desktop driver - make sure it's a desktop GeForce you download. Then Modify it like you did with the other one.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I've tried several GeForce desktop drivers, and none of them work. Almost all of them say something along the lines of: "Could not locate a compatible driver with the current hardware."

Are you sure that my computer is a NVIDIA GeForce 7150M? Because it's definitely not working. I can't seem to find that information either through dxdiag in the display tab. Help?

P.S. Sorry about bothering you so much...
Your model should have the GeForce, but the way this is going I get the feeling whoever you bought it from got a cut down version (should have ef on the model number)

Anyhoo, the 2 possible hardware versions:
(drivers on the links)

HP GeForce Driver

Intel GFX

The intel version of the laptop has an X series so either way it's technically capable of running shaders.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I bought my laptop from Best Buy, so idk...It was top of the line new computer when we bought it...I don't remember when, but it's probably outdated by now.

Well, it turns out it's an Intel GFX, so I deleted what I currently had (SP38897), then redownloaded it. I used task manager to cancel the installation after it extracted, and I used the Modifier and browsed for SP38897, and it didn't find any INF files, so I just continued the install...It called for a retart, so I did. Shaders still don't work. Anything different I need to do for the Intel GFX thing?
If it's the Intel then I'm afraid you're at the mercy of HP's drivers.

Intel have recently released an official driver that has full shader support, but they don't work with customised versions of the hardware - so for now you'll have to live without them & hope that HP get around to releasing the driver for your laptop.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you