Toribash
Originally Posted by 3vi1 View Post
Or you could just open them in Photoshop/GIMP/whatever other program, and then save them as TGA.
If you're making textures, chances are you're using a program that supports TGA images.

Also:

Who saves images as gifs these days? They're horribly compressed. Use PNG or something similar.

And don't tell me they're trying to convert the spinning preview animation...

Perhaps if you try reading my posts you'll find an answer.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Eh, when i try to make a texture SOME of the times i cant save as a TGA in photoshop cs2...Is that what SkulFuks point was?
I r psyfon :o
No, not really.
Providing you merge the texture layers properly, there's no reason why it shouldn't save.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
If u save .tga files in photoshop jsut save it as you would save any other filtetype. When that small window pops up choose 32bit/pxl and uncheck the "RLE compression", then it should work.

If u got a transparent texture use alpha channels to get the transparency working (as far as u dont know what alpha channels are, google for tuts).
Alternative way for convertign transparent textures is savign them as .png, open them with gimp and save them as .tga there, GIMP will handel the transparency by its own.

For previewing textures.
-go to C:\\programs\Toribas x.xx\custom.
-create a folder called "test" there.
-put your tga named as "head.tga" in there.
-start Toribash
-type /lp 0 test
-enjoy the preview

For your customers to uplaod the textures:
Send them the Images as 128x128 pxl .png files, then they only need to upload 'em.
Artist: Nightmare | Previous Owners: --- | Resolution: 512 | Modifications: On Request, No fee if simple

overpriced
In all honesty you're a bit of an idiot if you figured out how to save .gif but not .tga. >_>

And for the record, .gif pictures are extremely poor quality and if I were you I'd stick to saving files as .png or in the case of textures .tga. They also both support Transparency (gifs do, but they give white pixels all around it)
Originally Posted by Demonsoul6 View Post
In all honesty you're a bit of an idiot if you figured out how to save .gif but not .tga. >_>

And for the record, .gif pictures are extremely poor quality and if I were you I'd stick to saving files as .png or in the case of textures .tga. They also both support Transparency (gifs do, but they give white pixels all around it)

You can preventthat by using dithering ;p

Anyway remember: .gif ONLY for animations.
High quality stuff: .png

and thats all u need ;p
Artist: Nightmare | Previous Owners: --- | Resolution: 512 | Modifications: On Request, No fee if simple

overpriced
Originally Posted by Demonsoul6 View Post

Thats kind of mean, and a new person wouldn't be an idiot, because most people are not aware of the .tga file since it is not used widely by alot of programs or people.