Ranking
Re: Ranking nonsense
Originally Posted by BloodshotGibson
So I lose points from winning?

How does the person at the top stay there then? he has to fight, but will lose points everytime he wins

If he has enough points, he can just not fight and stay there. Thats what PsiPhi did, and is an exploit of the system.

I think there MIGHT be rules against doing that... But I don't know.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
I didn't think that winning matches against people ranked lower than you, lost you points.
I thought it just gave you next to nothing...

And if someone ranked much lower than you beat you, the results on your score would be devastating.
If you see I dropped 450 places from winning 50+ games

Some modifications are needed, me thinks
'Speed doesn't kill people. It's coming to a sudden stop that kills you' - Anon
-----
'A witty saying proves nothing' - Anon
-----
'The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.' — George Bernard Shaw
ONCE AGAIN, IF YOU CAN SUGGEST SOMETHING BETTER, IT WILL BE CONSIDERED.

Stop simply saying we need changes. We know your thoughts, but for this kind of game, ELO is most likely the best existing mathematical ranking system. Please, don't make me repeat myself on this again.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
Originally Posted by Bloodkitty
I didn't think that winning matches against people ranked lower than you, lost you points.

It doesn't. You gain points, just not very many.

Originally Posted by BloodshotGibson
If you see I dropped 450 places from winning 50+ games

Did you even read what I wrote? Rank is not what's important, your score is what's important.
[22:26] million: someday, we're gonna destroy space-time
[22:26] million: I'd like to be partly responsible