Toribash
They were progressive, which is not really far from alternative.

Anyway... Theres many different ways of being "alternative"... And some ways are characteristic of one music genre. Thats why it kinda sounds bad when you mix them all in a amalgam of totally different music genres. Thats why you should specify each and every one. Its a sub-genre, not a genre, therefore its subjected to the genre where it belongs.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Apr 12, 2009 at 02:30 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by DaBandito View Post
Alterative is a genre which makes no sense. The purpose of a genre is to tell what kinda music a band plays right? If all these bands fall under the term Alternative then the term alternative doesn't say shit because some of these bands are so far from each other.

its not just that theres also several kinds of alternative.

Alternative Rock,Dance Metal, Hip-hop, Country

The fact that every genre of music has like 30 sub-genres that get more and more specific everyday is fucked up in itself
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
Originally Posted by Puffbunny View Post
Any discussion over Alternative bands can be done here, if you say a band name i can give a few short words, or long ones if your into that, about that band.

You can bitch about those same bands as well.

My Favourite Bands.

Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys,The Avalanches, Beck, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Bloc Party, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Bright Eyes, Cake, The Cat Empire, Cat Power, Cornelius, The Dandy Warhols, Elliott Smith, The Flaming Lips, Franz Ferdinand, Gorillaz, The Greenhornes, King Crimson, Kings Of Leon, The Kinks, Liars, The Libertines, The Mars Volta, MGMT, Muse, Paul Simon, Pink Floyd, The Pixies, Queens Of The Stone Age, The Racontuers, Radiohead, The Shins, The Strokes, Tool, The Vines, The Violent Femmes and The White Stripes.

EDIT: Thats better

Feel Free, and dont be sad if you say something and it gets put down, it was bound to happen.

CAKE FTW.

All the Bold bands are the ones I love <3
Cake is the shit!
Originally Posted by Puffbunny View Post
I understand that, If you know the difference between pop and alternative then you dont really have to complain. Why is the list 'fucked up' if it doesent have one band?

Btw, did I say it was a genre? I recall only saying "Alternative bands".

Go to a CD store and look for the alternative sections. You will probably find most of those bands.

The bold.

Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
They were progressive, which is not really far from alternative.

Anyway... Theres many different ways of being "alternative"... And some ways are characteristic of one music genre. Thats why it kinda sounds bad when you mix them all in a amalgam of totally different music genres. Thats why you should specify each and every one. Its a sub-genre, not a genre, therefore its subjected to the genre where it belongs.

Read above.

Originally Posted by randomguy8 View Post
its not just that theres also several kinds of alternative.

Alternative Rock,Dance Metal, Hip-hop, Country

The fact that every genre of music has like 30 sub-genres that get more and more specific everyday is fucked up in itself

Then I am covering those as well arent I?

Guys, Pirate has the right idea, just say what you like or dont like in terms of the bands on the list. k?
HEy