Toribash
Poetry? I would call that a song lyric. Still, I will criticize, as I always do.

I won't recommend using "motherfucking" all the time in a poem. It is vulgar, and seems like it's just to complete the rythm. Try to use a bit more clever solutions.

The dojo is not a box either. It's a square. One can find lots of rhymes to square, as well. As...

I'm standing in a square
Not to to fight fair
Because I'm watching Tony Blair
As he's tilting on his chair.

Terrible example, but you get the idea. I would not recommend using choirs in a poem (As those inside brackets). It makes it look too much like a song. The swearing doesn't fit with the smooth and kind nature of a poem either.

Finally, you could try to hide some sense between the lines. This means shaping images and words in the head of the reader even though you aren't spelling it out.

And "I" should always be capitalized.

4/10
Im standing in a square
Giving off my glare
So trolls should beware
Cuz I'll be leaving you impaired'

Still. Swearing = good. It was a rap song.

7/10
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by aslask View Post
Poetry? I would call that a song lyric. Still, I will criticize, as I always do.

I won't recommend using "motherfucking" all the time in a poem. It is vulgar, and seems like it's just to complete the rythm. Try to use a bit more clever solutions.

The dojo is not a box either. It's a square. One can find lots of rhymes to square, as well. As...

I'm standing in a square
Not to to fight fair

Terrible example, but you get the idea. I would not recommend using choirs in a poem (As those inside brackets). It makes it look too much like a song. The swearing doesn't fit with the smooth and kind nature of a poem either.

Finally, you could try to hide some sense between the lines. This means shaping images and words in the head of the reader even though you aren't spelling it out.

4/10

Thanks for the input, but I disagree with all but one of your points.
- The vulgarity sets the mood for the rest of piece. It both shows a lighthearted nature, and a underlying seriousness. Try reading it in a different meter.
- A square can be a box. Furthermore, "I'm in a square" sounds dumb.
- It was written to sound similar to a popular song.
- If you didn't pick up on any of the symbolism and various other devices, I suggest rereading it.
- Concur: "I" should be capitalized. However, did it really affect you (the reader) or the piece at all?
Originally Posted by Cindermomo View Post
I love that poety.

But honestly, great one here. Did this take a while?

Probably did.

Offtopic: So i herd your back from hiding in your deeop dark corner of non-toribash-ness. Once you go toribash you never come back.
Southpaw's rebuttals win.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
U have just ripped of a good song :P This is just a rip of 'I'm on a boat' by The Lonely Island ft. T-Pain, the structure and every tiing is pretty much identical. Here is the link to the original check it out ppl and tell me its not the same...

link

Best song ever, the original funny as band
▒▒▒▒▒▓█ RAWR █▓▒▒▒▒▒
Originally Posted by southpaw7 View Post
Thanks for the input, but I disagree with all but one of your points.
  1. - The vulgarity sets the mood for the rest of piece. It both shows a lighthearted nature, and a underlying seriousness. Try reading it in a different meter.
  2. - A square can be a box. Furthermore, "I'm in a square" sounds dumb.
  3. - It was written to sound similar to a popular song.
  4. - If you didn't pick up on any of the symbolism and various other devices, I suggest rereading it.
  5. - Concur: "I" should be capitalized. However, did it really affect you (the reader) or the piece at all?

1. - Yes, it sets the mood, but still, I found swearing in a poem a bit too much. Of course, it's been done before and all. I stand my ground at this.
  2. - Yes, a square can be a box. But to me, a box sound like more like a cube with rectangular sides. I should also think most Americans would think of it as a "Ring" even though it's not circular.
  3. - I see. Would you mind linking it, so that I get the rythm of the lyrics correct?
  4. - I'm not saying symbolism. My point is that the reader should think out him/herself what the poem means, thus, not writing everything out, using symbols, but by plainly using similes and metaphors.
  5. - Yes. It did, in fact, affect me as a reader. When a piece of art is made, it should be made thoroughly, not halfway with wobbly grammar.
Originally Posted by aslask View Post

I'm standing in a square
Not to to fight fair

4/10

It doesn't seem like a poem, because it's not.
It's a complete rip off of "I'm on a boat" by Lonely Island.

4/10...