Toribash
This board is for Toribash tutorials, not very general graphics ones
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
um hello
ok
im new
and confused
and this seemed like the least confusing thread
where do i start!!!
this is mad
is there, like, a real beginners thread or is this the kind of game where you just have to figure out stuff as you go along? Cos im having troubles keeping my tori person standing up / walking for more than like 5 turns :/
any help would be greatly appreciated!
Tom

Edit by tom: I'm gonna post this around a few threads so please dont be annoyed if you keep seeing it
Practice makes perfect, that's how we all got to be decent at this game. No tutorials, just a lot of playing. You can't expect to be good within a few days, you can't even expect to be good within a few months.

As for general tips, I think I have a post from a long time ago here somewhere.. I'll dig it up. Some of the stuff don't concern you.

Anyway, no matter what, playing a lot will help you get better. These tips are just there to help you achieve that faster.

1) You seem to think that there are fixed openers you have to do to make great replays. No, there isn't. Just do something that seems nice, stylish and something you could start killing uke from

2) Usually making uke DQ isn't fun or enjoyable, so stay away from that. However originality and not just hitting uke are always welcome.

3) Watch other peoples replays on The Game subforum - you'll see the difference between your replays and other peoples. Check out mine for example - I have a link in my signature.

4) Avoid symmetry - It limits you to very few nice stuff to come up with and generally looks pointless, noobish.

5) Try to be relaxed - You don't want to look like a retard. Relaxing all makes you look more fluid and natural, and you have a lot more flexibility.

6) Edit your replays - When you think you went wrong on some point, just watch the replay and press E when you want, that way you can improve your replay for unlimited times to make it as good as possible.

7) Leave no chance untaken - Unless you want to absolutely only highlight a decap or something in a replay, try to do as much as possible. For the eagle drop for example - a simple contract and extend knee could have possibly made a dismember when you were falling down.

Last edited by Magix; May 21, 2009 at 02:51 PM.
Whoop Whoop
Can someone make a tutorial at least covering what each option of the Flame Forge does?
Shop (Óc¸Ó ) PM me if you want to buy TC
I think we should make a tutorial on the settings for alpha channels
because when I make a new channel it ask for settings and I don't know what to do
this would really help, I have been hearing other people ingame asking for it too
tutorial about replay-glitches
there isnt a tutorial about glitching replays...so:
I think everyone knows these "replay-glitches"
...I mean if you edit your replay too often it glitches at the end of the game
then you have correct the replay in notepad
but I dont know how...so anyone can post a detailed tutorial how to avoid/correct those glitches?
how do you change where it says "member" below your name and above the avatar (eg ronalds has "not suspended!" and tornix has "supreme admin" how do you do that?
you have to buy "toribash-prime" to change title and have a signature with 2 lines and up
http://forum.toribash.com/tori_boosters.php
it costs real money, and how to go on, I mean how to change the title...I dont know
I didnt bought it