Ranking
Originally Posted by Nagato9757 View Post
/ontopic
Jack, i suggest you change the mod for the tourney to aikidobigdojo. It's more for the pro players and it is really hard to liftkick oponents out of the arena.

Implying said pro players can't counter the simplest lift.
oh yeah
Can someone explain to me what a lift is? I don't play a whole lot of aikido
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Originally Posted by deathr0ad View Post
No Mod Spotlight for today guys, all the ones I have planned are multiplayer and for whatever reason I can't host a server, apparently others are having this issue too, as soon as it starts working again I'll film the spotlight. This is also going to dent the tournament for obvious reasons.

Whenever that happens to me, I just spam /jo (blahblah) until I get in to the server. Pressing Enter (or T), and then hitting up will bring you to the last thing you typed into the chat, and then you can press Enter again to say it. This makes it so that you don't have type it again and again.

EDIT: Hitting the up arrow, not hitting up the gym...
Be warned, @#w#@. They are coming.
Originally Posted by SparChar View Post
Can someone explain to me what a lift is? I don't play a whole lot of aikido

A lift is pretty simple. It's when you get your opponent of the ground but don't confuse it with shoveling which is a opener that very easily lifts your opponent.
I've gotten a lot of shit for my lifting techniques so i just want to say this.

It's bad to shovel.

Lifting doesn't mean you're shoveling though.
-----
Also hi guys o/
Last edited by Hattersin; Apr 6, 2013 at 02:09 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
PM me with any and all questions
Originally Posted by Hattersin View Post
A lift is pretty simple. It's when you get your opponent of the ground but don't confuse it with shoveling which is a opener that very easily lifts your opponent.
I've gotten a lot of shit for my lifting techniques so i just want to say this.

It's bad to shovel.

Lifting doesn't mean you're shoveling though.

However, once you get into the higher belts, lifts also become "nooby". Basically, the way to not get yelled at for lifting is to only lift them barely off of the ground. That's how I did it a while ago. In my opinion, lifts make the game less fun, as they essentially render anything your opponent does useless if you do it correctly. The last part is mostly why it's grouped with shoveling.
Time to crowd source, because I haven't got a clue what I'm doing here.

I've decided it's time to start the moff Toribash clan, it's definitely long overdue and it's something I've wanted to do for a long long time, problem is, I have NO idea what I'm doing, I'd like to be the person who sets it up for organisation purposes, plus OCD and what not, so if any of you feel like helping me do this could you PM me and we'll talk further.
Originally Posted by Piworocks View Post
However, once you get into the higher belts, lifts also become "nooby". Basically, the way to not get yelled at for lifting is to only lift them barely off of the ground. That's how I did it a while ago. In my opinion, lifts make the game less fun, as they essentially render anything your opponent does useless if you do it correctly. The last part is mostly why it's grouped with shoveling.

Oldfags will be oldfags ;P A lift is easily avoidable if you pay attention to your opponent so really you should stand up for it.
Originally Posted by deathr0ad View Post
Time to crowd source, because I haven't got a clue what I'm doing here.

I've decided it's time to start the moff Toribash clan, it's definitely long overdue and it's something I've wanted to do for a long long time, problem is, I have NO idea what I'm doing, I'd like to be the person who sets it up for organisation purposes, plus OCD and what not, so if any of you feel like helping me do this could you PM me and we'll talk further.

I will pm you with some details of what it's like being clan leader. However idk about creating it and so on.
PM me with any and all questions
Thanks to a very quick Google search: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237830

PS: I'm not PMing this to you because it could be useful to other people as well

PPS: There's a secret code, where if you put "Piworocks" in your application as the leader, it'll totally translate to Deathr0ad and make you, not Piworocks the leader of your clan >: 3
Last edited by Cheeseburger; Apr 6, 2013 at 06:23 PM.
Alright it seems standard enough, 10k TC to form though, I'm about 1000 short, I'll see if I can get some donations on this weeks showcase, if 10 people send 100tc we'll have it, less if more send. After that I'll make a detailed video explaining the rules etc and then we should be good to go.