Toribash
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
Nice to all three, forgot to mention that im on the northamerican server and will most likely add all of you guys tomorrow. Or send a invite to cocacobra. I was saving up for him too (talon) but lume what do you normally build for him?

I've seen most talon's either go full METAGAME (triforce atmogs), or build similar to me

I triple doran, rush bloodthirster, and then build triforce and defensive items, all you really need to dominate assuming you know what you're doing
Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
Riven seems like a pretty cool champ. It's made by the same person who made renekton and Orianna so she might actually be fun

Just sayin.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
my build goes something like this (complete)

dorans blade - boots 2 health potions - vampiric scepter - wards/hp pots etc - bf sword/bloodthirster - upgrade boots to boots of swiftness - build phage - either go trinity or frozen mallet from phage, depending on team (frozen mallet if need more beef early game

That is my core build.

So at mid-game I should have -

Boots of swiftness
doran blade
bloodthirster
Frozen Mallet/Triforce

That leaves me with 3 item slots if you sell the dorans blade later

For AP heavy/CC heavy teams I build the 3 slots into MR kind of items such as

quicksilver sash (which i think is a must)
banshees veil
force of nature

For more AD based teams I go
guardians angel (because you're going to most likely die from initiating (which talon is really good at, despite being an assassin)
thornmail (works great if you pick the frozen mallet route)
randuins (this is situational, if you are being the initiator you can quickly jump in, use randuins active to slow entire team and then ult to barely take any damage)
If you're not going initiator again an AD heavy team then pick up something like atmas to go with your frozen mallet/triforce for extra damage/crit/armor

again mixed teams defensive items should be
banshee's veil (i mostly ALWAYS get one anyway)
randuins
quicksilver sash (free clenase, it's even better when you get clenase too)

recommended spell combos imho for talon are -

Cleanse
Flash (Good set of spells for getting away which is very important for an assassin seeing as he doesn't have an escape besides his ultimate which should mostly be used for killing)

Ghost
Exhaust (Good set of spells for focusing on taking down single targets, allows you to move quickly and prevent your target from barely moving at all)

I go the casual 21-0-9 mastery set with talon and get the exp bonus's and usually ghost bonus.

My runes, however stupid it may sound, are usually STRAIGHT AD runes, giving me a total of 22 starting AD at the beginning of a match.

skill order goes like this.

W-E-W-E-W-R-W-E-W-Q-E-R-E-Q-Q-R

this skill order focuses on getting W and E as first priority

W is rake, which is the AoE cone-like skill which can, at level 10, one hit minion waves if you have a decent farm.

E helps you do a TON of damage with the damage multiplier early game and you'll notice it even more late game. That's not the main focus though, this is where talon becomes a good initiator/finisher because the skill flashes him on top of opponents.

Q is not so important early but good mid-game, you don't need to put early points on it because the one you get at level 10 is enough for what you're going to be doing. It proves a nice little vision over your opponent if they're trying to juke you and also a tiny DoT which can finish off opponents.

Now, the most fun part about talon imo is his ult. i don't play LoL a lot because of the linear skillsets that they give most of the champions but this has been the most fun i've had with one recently. Basically, in short term, his ult is what defines him.

simple definition of ult - go invisible while spraying out 10 or so blades around in a circle, you then gain a movement speed bonus while invisible and can active your ult again to make all the blades shoot towards you, damaging enemis they pass through.

This, like all his skills, scale with how much AD you have, and, if I say so myself, they scale pretty nicely.

the pros of this ult is -

Short cooldown, 30 seconds or so at level 3, 40 at level 2 and 54 or so at 3.
Great escape, giving you stealth and movement speed bonus of around 40%
Good nuke, when starting it up and when focusing down people with it.

Overall, I didn't realize i'd write this much but i haven't played someone as fun/as good as talon in a while.

this is all off of 2 games, by the way, so if you don't want to try what i do then don't.

tl;dr: talon is fun
Last edited by Lume; Sep 3, 2011 at 07:49 PM.
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
my build goes something like this (complete)

dorans blade - boots 2 health potions - vampiric scepter - wards/hp pots etc - bf sword/bloodthirster - upgrade boots to boots of swiftness - build phage - either go trinity or frozen mallet from phage, depending on team (frozen mallet if need more beef early game

That is my core build.

So at mid-game I should have -

Boots of swiftness
doran blade
bloodthirster
Frozen Mallet/Triforce

That leaves me with 3 item slots if you sell the dorans blade later

For AP heavy/CC heavy teams I build the 3 slots into MR kind of items such as

quicksilver sash (which i think is a must)
banshees veil
force of nature

For more AD based teams I go
guardians angel (because you're going to most likely die from initiating (which talon is really good at, despite being an assassin)
thornmail (works great if you pick the frozen mallet route)
randuins (this is situational, if you are being the initiator you can quickly jump in, use randuins active to slow entire team and then ult to barely take any damage)
If you're not going initiator again an AD heavy team then pick up something like atmas to go with your frozen mallet/triforce for extra damage/crit/armor

again mixed teams defensive items should be
banshee's veil (i mostly ALWAYS get one anyway)
randuins
quicksilver sash (free clenase, it's even better when you get clenase too)

recommended spell combos imho for talon are -

Cleanse
Flash (Good set of spells for getting away which is very important for an assassin seeing as he doesn't have an escape besides his ultimate which should mostly be used for killing)

Ghost
Exhaust (Good set of spells for focusing on taking down single targets, allows you to move quickly and prevent your target from barely moving at all)

I go the casual 21-0-9 mastery set with talon and get the exp bonus's and usually ghost bonus.

My runes, however stupid it may sound, are usually STRAIGHT AD runes, giving me a total of 22 starting AD at the beginning of a match.

skill order goes like this.

W-E-W-E-W-R-W-E-W-Q-E-R-E-Q-Q-R

this skill order focuses on getting W and E as first priority

W is rake, which is the AoE cone-like skill which can, at level 10, one hit minion waves if you have a decent farm.

E helps you do a TON of damage with the damage multiplier early game and you'll notice it even more late game. That's not the main focus though, this is where talon becomes a good initiator/finisher because the skill flashes him on top of opponents.

Q is not so important early but good mid-game, you don't need to put early points on it because the one you get at level 10 is enough for what you're going to be doing. It proves a nice little vision over your opponent if they're trying to juke you and also a tiny DoT which can finish off opponents.

Now, the most fun part about talon imo is his ult. i don't play LoL a lot because of the linear skillsets that they give most of the champions but this has been the most fun i've had with one recently. Basically, in short term, his ult is what defines him.

simple definition of ult - go invisible while spraying out 10 or so blades around in a circle, you then gain a movement speed bonus while invisible and can active your ult again to make all the blades shoot towards you, damaging enemis they pass through.

This, like all his skills, scale with how much AD you have, and, if I say so myself, they scale pretty nicely.

the pros of this ult is -

Short cooldown, 30 seconds or so at level 3, 40 at level 2 and 54 or so at 3.
Great escape, giving you stealth and movement speed bonus of around 40%
Good nuke, when starting it up and when focusing down people with it.

Overall, I didn't realize i'd write this much but i haven't played someone as fun/as good as talon in a while.

this is all off of 2 games, by the way, so if you don't want to try what i do then don't.

tl;dr: talon is fun

tl;dr: talon isn't a viable twisted treeline champ, OR you don't do enough damage early game

LOL
hi
Originally Posted by Giantz View Post
tl;dr: talon isn't a viable twisted treeline champ, OR you don't do enough damage early game

LOL

Considering Nightin was going 0-5 in a ranked game before 10 minutes as blitzcrank neither me or you could do anything.
Hey dudes
could you guys help me with my Gragas build?

I am currently using
Rod of Ages(Catalyst ASAP)
then I rush my Rylais
Level 2 boots
Rabaddons
Lichbane
Zhonyas

I run a bit beefy AP Mage Gragas, would there be any way to improve this?
Hi.
Got Singed.

Could somebody tell me a better build?

Rod of Ages
R3 Boots
Force of Nature
Warmog's Armor
Archangel Staff
Rod of Ages ( haven't gotten this far yet)
Originally Posted by Yourface View Post
Got Singed.

Could somebody tell me a better build?

Rod of Ages
R3 Boots
Force of Nature
Warmog's Armor
Archangel Staff
Rod of Ages ( haven't gotten this far yet)

as singed i go (in order, except for level 1 boots in between)

dorans ring
boots
rod of ages
R3 boots
rylais (slowing people with his gas is amazing)
banshee veil
sell dorans ring
get something situational (randuins/force of nature etc)