Ranking
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
I don't understand why people restrict themselves to a console for more money instead of buying a computer which they have total freedom on. The new gen console specs for ps3 have been somewhat leaked, however, I'm not sure, but considering what I expect the price to be and the supposed specs, you can get the same thing in a computer for a good margin less in price. Not to mention that you can turn up the graphics to Ultimate or Maximum or whatever on a computer, while you're restricted to one graphics setting on consoles.

buying a 300 dollar console that comes bundled with a game/necessary peripheral is more appealing than speccing out and building a computer to the vast majority of people.

Originally Posted by Faint View Post
"Let's buy this because all of my retarded friends have it, that must mean it's great!"]

this is a stupid thing to say. do you think the average person would want to spend $500-600 building a computer and possibly have to buy additional peripherals/a monitor, when they could just buy a 300 dollar console that plugs right into their tv and works from day one?
Mosier: tl;dr gay clothing thoughts
Originally Posted by PhyscoXxXx View Post
Pc beucase better aim and faster movement and good for shooting games

Originally Posted by vespesi3n View Post
this is a stupid thing to say. do you think the average person would want to spend $500-600 building a computer and possibly have to buy additional peripherals/a monitor, when they could just buy a 300 dollar console that plugs right into their tv and works from day one?

PC's can hook up to TV's too.
Originally Posted by Zxan View Post

yes they can. doesn't make them cost less/mean everyone has a tv that would work well as a monitor
Mosier: tl;dr gay clothing thoughts
True, I used to have both my Xbox and Laptop hooked up to my TV. (laptop for playing games, watching movies, better sound and what not) and it's extremely easy.
Originally Posted by PhyscoXxXx View Post
Pc beucase better aim and faster movement and good for shooting games

Have fun chilling on a couch with a mouse & keyboard.

I've said it once, twice... Multiple times:

DIFFERENT FUCKING MARKETS

If PC gaming was the be all and end all then there would be no consoles. Every console vs PC thread ever. Gah.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Have fun chilling on a couch with a mouse & keyboard.

If PC gaming was the be all and end all then there would be no consoles. Every console vs PC thread ever. Gah.

I'm not saying that. I was just saying that PC's CAN be connected to TV's(they can also have controllers hooked up to them)

I agree that consoles are easier to just sit down on a couch and play. But I find it more comfortable to be sitting at a desk or something like that when I play. I also dislike controllers, mouses are much easier to control for me.

It all boils down to preference.
Personally, I've never gotten any major fixy thingy for computers to work. I like consoles cause I can just plug it in and done. PC's and consoles are for diffrent markets and therefore diffrent people, do you mesure a chichen salad's delisiousness based on Cooked Hadock? No, you base them on other chicken salads. Same thing with consoles and PC's, can't compare two diffrent things for two diffrent people. End of story.
-----
Looks like Skul already said the same thing. Derp.
Last edited by ManlyPotato; Feb 9, 2013 at 03:45 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
I'm not saying that. I was just saying that PC's CAN be connected to TV's(they can also have controllers hooked up to them)

I agree that consoles are easier to just sit down on a couch and play. But I find it more comfortable to be sitting at a desk or something like that when I play. I also dislike controllers, mouses are much easier to control for me.

It all boils down to preference.

Steam big picture + controller
Originally Posted by vespesi3n View Post
buying a 300 dollar console that comes bundled with a game/necessary peripheral is more appealing than speccing out and building a computer to the vast majority of people.

The average person isn't very bright in today's society, as far as I've experienced, but yes, I understand what you're saying, it does sound more, and probably is more appealing. I guess it really comes down to preference, most people do like console gaming because of the ease. However, a lot of people also like PC because of the freedom. I'd, personally, rather own a PC than any console, but like I said, that's personal preference. It just seems smarter to own a PC instead of buying a console, which is solely for gaming, PCs can be a necessity in daily life.