Toribash
Original Post
Discord
Irc is a bitch to join all of the time, so why doesn't toribash have its own official discord? It would be easier to stay active with the community and remind me that toribash is a thing. It is basically a plus for all active discord users like me.
Last edited by Arctic; Dec 12, 2017 at 01:46 AM.
Ban from irc for flaming
Get shit wherever else, PMs, shitposting threads in dumb places
Ban from Toribash for flaming
Uses ban appeal to continue insulting/whatever
Revoke ban appeal access and repeat with an alt until they figure out how to dox you. It's nothing different, users should reach out for help and join IRC if they need it. It's not worth my time to be in direct contact with every toribash member in more places (think about the kinds of members in this community) at all times as a requirement of what I have to do as an smod. Meaning I shouldn't just mute the chat and continue to use it for servers I actually want to use.

This doesn't really matter, this is just me saying I'm not going to be part of an "official toribash discord"
Last edited by TyZi; Dec 6, 2016 at 12:13 AM.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

I totally support this idea, always been a big issue for me to use IRC.
Discord is just much more comfortable, it looks good, includes more features AND servers are free.
Last edited by Nikos; Dec 6, 2016 at 04:27 AM.
Let's not get personal Tyzi! I think it would be a great alternative/addition to add discord to the many mediums we already have! I've run WAPOW's Discord for a while now, and I've had ZERO problems with managing anything. Most moderating capabilities are down to the spot, excluding server security etc. which is handled by Discords staff themselves.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Support
Originally Posted by Rouxster View Post
I fear that an official TB discord would become cancer very quickly

As in cancer you mean boring? Or complete chaos witthin servers conversating with others?

Anyways , I support the idea that Discord should have official toribash servers for new comers... I've never used IRC , still don't utilize it till this day ( never found use for it , so I used Skype , personal preference really).Discord is a lot easier to use in terms of managing them , and chating with other strangers in the community , I'm pretty sure there are some down falls with the use of Discord , I can't really say because I've only started using Discord a week ago I believe... To point out something , rarely any player that I've met adds a list of players they may know when using the commands , it's useless to new comers and players world wide(went off topic for a moment).
"Joining ormo should not be seen primarily as an achievement but as an indication of what your future could be". ~Pusga
Originally Posted by Rouxster View Post
I fear that an official TB discord would become cancer very quickly

There will be moderators. More permissions for a group that proves to behave well in the Discord might solve this, too. You could let them post pictures and links where newcomers can only send text.
Last edited by Slau; Dec 8, 2016 at 11:40 AM.
i'm sure there are plenty of staff members that don't want fucking idiots in a discord server doing @everyone over and over again

still not supported, literally no point
pacquiao
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
i'm sure there are plenty of staff members that don't want fucking idiots in a discord server doing @everyone over and over again

still not supported, literally no point

it can be bannable and you can mute channels