View Poll Results: Metal or rap
Metal
47 Votes / 70.15%
Rap/R&B
20 Votes / 29.85%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Videoboy88 View Post
Metal rocks. All rap is are people talking about how bad the hood is or how rich or "pimpin" they are.

That's not quite right. However, I can see how you reached this conclusion, as *almost* all modern, mainstream rap is exactly like that, and consequently bad. There are a few exceptions (i.e. Outkast), but for the most part this is true. The fact of the matter is that rap was once great. There was, in fact a time when rappers were the spokesmen of their generation. Look at NWA, Run-DMC, KRS-One, De La Soul, Public Enemy, and Eminem. Those are some rappers that have and in some ways still speak to the people in about things far greater than money and women.
Originally Posted by SporeCc View Post
That's not quite right. However, I can see how you reached this conclusion, as *almost* all modern, mainstream rap is exactly like that, and consequently bad. There are a few exceptions (i.e. Outkast), but for the most part this is true. The fact of the matter is that rap was once great. There was, in fact a time when rappers were the spokesmen of their generation. Look at NWA, Run-DMC, KRS-One, De La Soul, Public Enemy, and Eminem. Those are some rappers that have and in some ways still speak to the people in about things far greater than money and women.

QFT, however, you can still listen to good modern rap.

Check these two threads:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=78267
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=70343
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Both Rap and Metal have their share of good, and godawful material.

Metal subgenres like "grindcore" are offensive and pointless, just as a lot of rap is just uninspired lyrics said aggressively over a poor bassline.

on the other hand, there is a selection of good material from each - neither is "better".
At least in Metal the band members play instruments in their music. Unlike rap. Metal is ftw.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
Metal! But my opinion that everyone must choose what he like more and he(she) dont have a right to insult tastes another people . But i like metal much more ... $)
Last edited by s1lent; Apr 2, 2009 at 03:30 PM.
Here i am different in this normal world ...
Originally Posted by H4rl3quin View Post

Metal subgenres like "grindcore" are offensive and pointless.

I see you have a problem with your hearing.
Originally Posted by hoho123 View Post

I Want To ManBreakfast Massage Me When He Massage I Will Pay

Originally Posted by DaBandito View Post
I see you have a problem with your hearing.

no, I just don't find incomprehensible screaming and a limited selection of powerchords very attractive, compared to music made thoughtfully and carefully by talented artists.