Toribash
Honestly the edited version of the original head with the 2 orange eyes looks a lot better for that set, to me at least. I don't necessarily dislike either of them, but I guess it's just personal preference. I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't just discard the head and say you're gonna sell it off, because it looks really good. Could I see a pic of the textures you have done with that head? I'd like to know what that looks like.
Last edited by Datsick; Apr 9, 2014 at 02:23 AM.
can i play with a watermarked flat of the first head? i still like the initial sketch of #1 the most but on the sphere it doesnt look as cool.
Per your request:

I'm personally avoiding 'traditional' eyes for this set, so I'll probably stick with V4 or if I don't like that maybe V3.

Worked up the V4 head today and also the right shoulder/bicep. I'm saving the wrists/hands for last along with ankles/feet because hands/feet have always been my least favorite of the lot and it's probably best I get back up to par with general texturing before I attempt those.

Per my earlier promise I've also uploaded a batch of images of my process. Throwing them up in the OP spoiler section now.
Last edited by hanz0; Apr 9, 2014 at 04:49 AM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
Per your request:

I'm personally avoiding 'traditional' eyes for this set, so I'll probably stick with V4 or if I don't like that maybe V3.

Worked up the V4 head today and also the right shoulder/bicep. I'm saving the wrists/hands for last along with ankles/feet because hands/feet have always been my least favorite of the lot and it's probably best I get back up to par with general texturing before I attempt those.

Per my earlier promise I've also uploaded a batch of images of my process. Throwing them up in the OP spoiler section now.

Maybe make the eyes not look so traditional? Maybe make sort of the concept of a power core in there like the 2nd one, but just horizontally instead of vertically? I don't know I just like the style of the edited version it looks nice
Last edited by Datsick; Apr 9, 2014 at 04:58 AM.
Originally Posted by Datsick View Post
Maybe make the eyes not look so traditional? Maybe make sort of the concept of a power core in there like the 2nd one, but just horizontally instead of vertically? I don't know I just like the style of the edited version it looks nice

I dunno, maybe. I guess I'm just starting to feel like too many elements of the V1 head are too cliched - the over-the-eyes visor, mouthguard, earguards, etcetera. Too much like a "standard helmet" for my current tastes. V4 changes things up in a way that I'm enjoying.

Originally Posted by avwave View Post
Some inspiration perhaps?
Fire warrior

aaa I think I have enough reference images but thanks aaa

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
I dunno, maybe. I guess I'm just starting to feel like too many elements of the V1 head are too cliched - the over-the-eyes visor, mouthguard, earguards, etcetera. Too much like a "standard helmet" for my current tastes. V4 changes things up in a way that I'm enjoying.

aaa I think I have enough reference images but thanks aaa

Yeah I see what you're saying. Just do what you do, I'm sure it will look fine in the end.
Originally Posted by Datsick View Post
Yeah I see what you're saying. Just do what you do, I'm sure it will look fine in the end.

Thanks.
No updates today or tomorrow, worked today and working tomorrow.

B&B&B&
I think its starting to look pretty hanz0me as a texture. The only thing I say that needs improving is the lights (Vertical face/eyes etc) as it looks more like a painted decal than an actual shining light.