Ranking
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
Also I don't see how you think a band can sound like Nirvana or even Led Zeppelin when the guitarists made them sound like that.

The other members of both bands would have something to say about "GUITAR MAKE BAND", i'm sure. The guitar isn't the only instrument out there, you know.

Aside from that, John Paul Jones was actually responsible for a lot of Zeppelins' sound; they definately wouldnt have sounded the same without him, and since Grohl played drums in both Nirvana and Them Crooked Vultures, i'd argue that when the media said their material would have a lot of the aforementioned bands coming through in it, it was a pretty plausible guess. The disappointment was that they didn't end up sounding much like either band. I'm really not a big fan of Josh Homme at all, which is why i didn't click with the album much..but it wasn't "bad" by any means.
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
Them Crooked Vultures is amazing. One of my favorite records from any year. Also, I wasn't saying the resistance was bad, its just not as good as I thought it would be.

Josh Homme sounds surprisingly like Bowie. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the record was.
[Piratez]
I am neither Oyster nor lsl.
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
Yaarrrright!!!

Lich King's new album (which doesn't actually contain this song) is going to be a very good Thrash Album also.

This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
Got Yggdrasil - Prose Edda the other day. Really like it, more than the new shpongle release.

Might even be album of the year for me.

I have bought 3 record released this year and they're all good.

Lariots - Shake Hands EP
The Micragirls - Wild Girl Walk LP
Jay Reatard - Watch Me Fall CD

In that order.
Originally Posted by hoho123 View Post

I Want To ManBreakfast Massage Me When He Massage I Will Pay

I'm completely serious. his big band voice sends rhythms through america
Last edited by JesseBean; Dec 16, 2009 at 06:16 PM.
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
Got Yggdrasil - Prose Edda the other day. Really like it, more than the new shpongle release.

Might even be album of the year for me.

do you know if this is out in other european countries? havent seen it on uk shelves yet =/