Ranking
Energy never ceases or vacates a body completely, for a body without energy is a body that cannot be sustained with matter.

The biology of inorganic matter as it were. afterall, is not organic matter composed of smaller "parts" which might not be inherently organic as well as present in inorganic life?
SuicideDo, the Brewtal Drunken Immortal.
Originally Posted by SuicideDo View Post
Energy never ceases or vacates a body completely, for a body without energy is a body that cannot be sustained with matter.

The biology of inorganic matter as it were. afterall, is not organic matter composed of smaller "parts" which might not be inherently organic as well as present in inorganic life?

The fuck are you smoking?
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Non-biological life is a hot topic.

It wouldn't be a far stretch to model the universe as an organism, and could be quite accurate.
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
The fuck are you smoking?

this.

the article says it all.
1. Homeostasis. Rocks dont do anything to keep a constant state.
2. Organization. Rocks are not made of cells or anything remotely living.
3. Metabolism. Rocks do not transform energy by any means.
4. Growth. Rocks do not grow on their own (not including molten rock hardening ontop of other rock)
5. Adaptation. Rocks do not adapt at all.
6. Response to Stimuli. Rocks do not react. at all.
7. Reproduction. Rocks do not reproduce asexually or sexually.

Rocks do not show ANY signs of life, according to this article.
Last edited by Shortyish; Apr 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM.
I only read the first page but I'm pretty sure this sums it up.
Originally Posted by SmileyJones View Post
Living organisms undergo metabolism, maintain homeostasis, possess a capacity to grow, respond to stimuli, reproduce and through natural selection, adapt to their environment in successive generations. I don't really know what other criteria there could be. A rock's not alive because it doesn't do anything.

I don't see how this can be intelligently interpreted any other way.
I'm just a little kid.
Rocks don't have any action or response to stimuli, they are just changed by their surroundings.

Rocks don't dig into the middle of the Earth to turn into magma, they get forced by tectonic plates to the Earth's core.

Rocks don't grow or shrink. Erosion brings new pieces of sediment to settle on a rock. That piece of sediment is compacted, cemented by minerals and viola the rock gains size by one grain of sand. Erosion can also take sediments away in the same process. This is called the rock cycle.
lol the all knowing wikipedia article, because it has refernz.

find out first hand with your own hands and eyes, no references, no external tautology, jsut do it yourself. observe life.

if you removed all the rocks in the world, life would disappear. they contribute to life, therefore have inherent life within them, else we could not inherit life from the earth.

(User was banned for this post (Trolling/Refusing to accept stated evidence/Refusing to give up debate despite being stated as incorrectly through mostly valid reference/Continuing debate using troll logic/Missing the point (on purpose [multiple times])/Degrading moderators for no purpose other than trolling/Insulting those that actually went and did the research.))
Last edited by suomynona; Apr 27, 2010 at 03:39 AM.

if you removed all the rocks in the world, life would disappear.

I wouldn't say all life would disapear, but probably modern human civilization, because we use rocks for suck things like small bridges, structures, statues and jewelery.

You're stating that rocks contribute to life which they actually do. Rocks also help filter our water and keep fertile soil on the ground for our crops.

But before you said rocks were living. It's quite a drastic change in statements.

Don't trust Wikipedia also. Many people edit their pages, and purposefully give ridiculous information.
Last edited by SilentAssassin; Apr 27, 2010 at 12:15 AM.
lol the all knowing wikipedia article, because it has refernz.

More knowledgeable than you, to be sure.

find out first hand with your own hands and eyes, no references, no external tautology, jsut do it yourself. observe life.

I'm sure we've all seen rocks. Rocks don't fit definition of life, so stop calling them as such. Your hijacking of words impairs communication.

if you removed all the rocks in the world, life would disappear. they contribute to life, therefore have inherent life within them, else we could not inherit life from the earth.

Complete non sequitur...

p1: Water is required for life
p2: All life is partially made up of water
c: Frosty the Snowman is alive! Hurr durr *huff* *puff*
Nature created us, we did not create nature. it is not up to us to define what is a living body and what is not. all negligent posts. all. no respect for life. none.

Wibbling children rule the world.