Toribash
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Captain Forever - It's like lego, IN SPACE!
Well, not really, but kinda.

http://www.captainforever.com/captainforever.php

'The latest game from indie-maverick Farbs is a build-your-own-spaceship experience, but instead of trawling through shopping menus and tweaking your jalopy to a mean pirate-killing machine, you run-and-gun between the stars, blowing up other ships and taking what's left. To beat a ship you have to eliminate its core, a red square surrounded by a clutter of other blocks, guns and boosters. Once the core is turned into space dust, the remaining parts float free, allowing you to to grab and slap them onto your own ship wherever you like. There is no economy, just nab, stash, and run. Nab with the left mouse button. Stash by pulling pieces near your ship (they snap on like magnets). Then run by not being where you were when the looting took place.'

I wish I knew about this game earlier. It's quite fun. The interface and graphics are really simple, but it's still pretty much awesome.

The game is free, but they do give you an option to register for $20, which also gives you access to the sequel, Captain Successor. It basically is the same thing with a bunch of new weapons and all that kind of stuff.

If you decide to try the game out, I suggest taking a few min to read this as it explains the basic idea of how to play the game. The actual site doesnt really give a good explanation of what you actually have to do

I didnt see a thread on this, and of course search is disabled, so yea. :V If the thread was already made, then whatever.
Last edited by Mosier; May 29, 2010 at 12:38 AM.
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when