Toribash
Originally Posted by H4rl3quin View Post
AwesomeO:

You sir, have been owned. Read my sig for further details.

[Sarcasm] Wow your cool. [Sarcasm/]

Well also i didn't say you get angry, H4rl3quin, said that I get angry over people leaving which I don't.
No im right it is

"Well also i didn't say you get angry, H4rl3quin, said that I get angry over people leaving which I don't."

Because your name is an aposite (I don't know how to spell it) which is double commas around extra info.
"well also i didnt say you get angry" has to be directed at Ineffable, not me, as you said that i *do* get angry. Soooooo your two clauses each have a different subject/object separated by *a* comma.

This is the correct sentence :

Well/Also I didnt say that you get angry, H4rl3quin said that I get angry over people leaving, which i don't."

OR

Well I didnt say that you get angry H4rl3quin, I said that I get angry over people leaving, which i don't."

which can't be right anyway, as it dosent make sense.

Seriously, are you just using an online english-english translator now?

It fails.

Originally Posted by AwesomeO View Post
No im right it is

"Well also i didn't say you get angry, H4rl3quin, said that I get angry over people leaving which I don't."

Because your name is an aposite (I don't know how to spell it) which is double commas around extra info.

If it was H4rl3quin who said that you get angry, then the second comma is unnecessary: "Well, also, I didn't say that you get angry, H4rlequin said that I get angry over people leaving, which I don't" would be proper.

You don't understand the function of contractions. You don't understand the function of spelling. You don't understand the function of language in general, which is of a communicative nature. When you mangle it as badly as you seem wont to do, you utterly ignore the basic function of language, be it written or spoken.

Please.

Leave the criticisms of grammar to people who are beyond Eng. 001.
"Start with what is right rather than what is acceptable."- Franz Kafka
Originally Posted by AwesomeO View Post
Wait...what?

Directed towards iceman.

no.

You see, this thing happened where i looked at the thread, and then was typing my reply while he posted, and then so when i posted, it appeared after his...
...work it out.

edit: this has just gone off topic now. Now i guess it *does* belong in Wibbles.
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
You don't understand the function of contractions. You don't understand the function of spelling. You don't understand the function of language in general, which is of a communicative nature. When you mangle it as badly as you seem wont to do, you utterly ignore the basic function of language, be it written or spoken.

Please.

It's want.

Originally Posted by H4rl3quin View Post
no.

You see,
this thing happened where i looked at the thread, and then was typing my reply while he posted, and then so when i posted, it appeared after his...
...work it out.

edit: this has just gone off topic now. Now i guess it *does* belong in Wibbles.

Also H4rl3quin we posted at the same time. It wasn't directed towards you but to iceman.

The bolded area should go like this: "You see;" not "You see," You is pronoun and see is verb.
Last edited by AwesomeO; Apr 17, 2008 at 12:32 AM.
I ment to post you only put , after a name for direct adress, not in middle of a sentence. Sorry for confusion. I had typed it fast.