Toribash
ogm my tb hero posted on my thred, i fix rpl for him )))
Attached Files
as.rpl (200.1 KB, 40 views)
Originally Posted by Gangster View Post
damm man your good you should be in more vids 100/10

yeah you should, but yeah nice replay and flow but weres the speed
Originally Posted by MrSocial View Post
yeah you should, but yeah nice replay and flow but weres the speed

up my booty and around the corner
Attached Files
P - A Liar's Worries.rpl (155.8 KB, 30 views)
I enjoyed that a lot, love midair combos that end in a decap. Your could have contracted the left leg a bit though to get more force on the decap kick.
Very cool looking replay.
oh yeah
Hi Pwr

A Liar's Worries: Kinda boring tbh, the flow was alright until 320 when you jammed your foot in the ground which screwed up your spin. Your knee twitched after that and the decap was meh.

Zeto: Everything flowed really well and the little spin kicks were really cool. Other than that, not much to say.
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
I don't know why I've put off CnC'ing your thread, but I, too follow a return policy, so here we go.

Reflection Confession: The way you handle your right leg setting up the opener is a bit stiff. Very nice boomkick, and relatively clean, too! The two other hits are a bit weird though. The way you have to let go of uke because you kick off the part you're holding looks a bit awkward, and the last punch could look more powerful. The elbow only contracts after the punch although the trajectory suggests a hook.
v2: I prefer the kick here, but the legwork, failed kick and useless grab afterwards are awkward.
v3: Definitely the best version IMHO. The little "windmill" stance with the legs still looks a bit awkward, but the last kick puts it in a context that makes it look less off. The pose is technically sound, but it kinda looks like a flamboyant squat to take a dump.

Purified: I'm not good at CnC'ing tricking, because I don't do it myself. Really natural, way more natural than my replays.

Indifferential conflict: Short and sweet, but not spectacular. The transition from one kick to another is really fluid. Nice pose too.
v2: great booms, but the transitions need a bit of work. The spin from the first kick to the second is pretty slow, and you waddle knees bent into the third. Man, is that third boom brutal, though! I almowst wonder if it's hacked, but with that kind of speed and ghosting you get into it, I believe you. There are those outstretched arms and wide-legged squat again, looks like your Tori is taking a spiteful shit on Uke's remains.

Cloudlight: Maybe you could be a bit more lively with your elbows during the opener, but meh, I'm nitpicking here, it really doesn't detract from the replay. I kinda like how you "bluff" with the left leg when the actual second knee DM was achieved with a short jabby hook kick with the right foot. On the other hand, it is a slightly awkward short strike DM with the outside leg. Love the final punch, you don't often see bawdy big downward punches like that in Toribash. You make cool poses. I'll stop pointing that out every time, since it seems to be the norm. So don't feel bad when I only comment on bad poses.
[v2: This one's still broken from the server shenanigans a while ago]
v3: your movement setting up the opener is really smooth, but the lowered outstretched arms look a bit weird. You also ghost your right leg through your right arm. Somehow I'm not feeling the flow of this replay, and the kick lands a bit awkwardly with your knee against your chest. Kudos for not grabbing, though, and floor DMs are always cool.
as: (apparently this, too is a version of Cloudlight) I do prefer this to v3 especially. Nice fast spin, pity you don't get to use it for the first kick. The transition to the punch is very utilitarian, in a good way. You set it up so it's simply right there. Why no pose?

A Liar's Worries: I really like the movement in this one. Looks like motion capture, except for the stiff legs at ~380-350. The kick especially looks very natural, like a cross between a flying Kung Fu kick in a wuxia movie and a long soccer shot. The lack of pose pulls this replay down somewhat, though.

Zeto: Too short and simplistic. The second kick is slightly awkward all the way across your own leg, but it could work if you didn't stop right after it, accentuating the weirdness of the stance. You aren't doing ZeTo justice failing to pose a replay in his name

Creshi: that left leg is pretty stiff in the prep, and it's obvious when you stop paying attention to it and when you start again. If you managed it a bit more fluidly, the little kickoff you do with it to give the kick more oomph would look way less obvious. You kind of semi-freeze a couple of frames after the kick, probably mostly relaxed, but not moving. Nice skeet I suppose, but I rarely appreciate skeets.

Really cool how you post versions of replays. Not only do we get to see a progression, but I also get to do cool formatting now that I'm commenting them all at once.
Last edited by Archlurps; Jan 4, 2014 at 12:18 AM. Reason: fixed a nerve-racking punctuation error
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
Thanks man, you give me the feeling to go CnC everyone else's thread, but I have to go out soon. I'll just drop this here.
Attached Files
P - Outlander.rpl (512.4 KB, 32 views)
It was a pretty standard replay, but there was a different flow to it. the tricks seemed to be detached from each other in a weird way that I liked. Make it longer and try being more direct with the swing-throughs and transitions.

7/10 You didn't even break uke, nobo.
NOODLE ARMS