Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
When there are less children there will be less money due to lower workforce. Poor families rely on increased workforce to support themselves. You can't reduce a country's workforce and expect it to become richer magically.
As for my analogy: When you have fewer cars you will have less money from taxes to improve streets. ;o

Overpopulation may be a problem but simply reducing it does not cure anything. It's a rather simplistic attempt at solving a complex problem.

Your taxes go to whatever the gov' wants regardless as to whether you have a car ;o

If you reduce the income by X and reduce expenses by >X then you will have a gross profit, so yes it will increase prosperity.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Besides, how do you know that the same people would still have as many children if they had contraconception?
f=m*a syens
Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
Besides, how do you know that the same people would still have as many children if they had contraconception?

Yet another reason why sterilisation just fails to make a good enough argument...
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
Yet another reason why sterilisation just fails to make a good enough argument...

Sterilisation is a form of contraconception.
f=m*a syens
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Your taxes go to whatever the gov' wants regardless as to whether you have a car ;o

If you reduce the income by X and reduce expenses by >X then you will have a gross profit, so yes it will increase prosperity.

Dunno about your country, but in mine car taxes go specifically to infrastructure.
As I said before, unless you prove to me that fewer people mean more prosperity I will regard your reasoning as stupid and oversimplification of a very complex matter that will not actually solve anything in real life.
I suspect you have no such proof, which is why you keep on attacking my analogy rather than attempting to further your stance.
weak
How are you?
Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
Dunno about your country, but in mine car taxes go specifically to infrastructure.
As I said before, unless you prove to me that fewer people mean more prosperity I will regard your reasoning as stupid and oversimplification of a very complex matter that will not actually solve anything in real life.
I suspect you have no such proof, which is why you keep on attacking my analogy rather than attempting to further your stance.
weak

Why is the idea of 'Less people = more resources per individual' so difficult for you to understand? I would understand if you had ethical problems with the sterilisation and all, but why won't you understand that basic principle?
f=m*a syens
Why is the idea of 'Less people = more resources per individual' so difficult for you to understand? I would understand if you had ethical problems with the sterilisation and all, but why won't you understand that basic principle?

You can't just claim that the people get so many people because they don't use condoms and whatnot. Poor families get a lot of children so they have a lot of workforce to get food, money, and whatnot.
When you try to form a oversimple formula like “less people = more resources” I cannot help but ask where you derive that statement from.
magic? There are a lot more factors that you have not taken into consideration in that magical formula.

You can't just apply common sense to such matters. It needs to be scientific evidence.
The burden of proof lays with you, so please present it if you any. I will happily believe you once you present sufficient evidence.
I have not seen any so far so I don't know what this is about.
How are you?
Ok.

So consider a ship called 'The Happy Ship'. It's filled with food and health supplies in order to relieve a famine after a natural disaster. When 'The Happy Ship' arrives at the port, they suddenly realise they have only brought food for 10.000 people, while 50.000 are standing in line! Oh Gosh!

Now everyone gets 1/5th of a regular ration.
f=m*a syens
Ok.

So consider a ship called 'The Happy Ship'. It's filled with food and health supplies in order to relieve a famine after a natural disaster. When 'The Happy Ship' arrives at the port, they suddenly realise they have only brought food for 10.000 people, while 50.000 are standing in line! Oh Gosh!

Now everyone gets 1/5th of a regular ration.

so I take you have no evidence?
That makes it easy.
How are you?