Endurance Onslaught 6.0
nonoononononononoonon

Vector = Points, zoom and scale without quality loss. Programs like Illustrator and inkscape

Raster = Pixels, fixed size and amount of pixels, re-size means blur and quality loss. Programs like Photoshop, Gimp, Paint tool sai etc.

Example

hehe

I draw in Illustrator, with vector graphics ^^
Also
I didn't imply that it was wrong, but that it looked wrong in my opinion. Hehe
It's just that, everything gets distorted by the flat>sphere, which means that the pupils turn in to ovals, mouth and nose gets wider than you intended when making the flat.

Flat = (_)
Sphere = (___)
Oh, didn't know the difference.
So basically, if I want to make it even with higher quality, I should make the whole stuff in adobe illustrator, correct?
Also, I dig that avatar of yours.
"Philosophy of mankind are pink dreams of a blue planet" ~Lexx
• มวยไทย •
you are still going to get blending distortions when the game renders the flat I believe. you are dealing with so many small details that when you save it to a .png it doesnt really matter between the two. illustrator just forces you to keep your edges clean where photoshop will subconsciously allow more blending to occur. since you are working in 512x512 and not having an undefined amount of pixels to work with pentooling works just fine in photoshop as long as you are careful with it.

also to fenris. lock your pixels on a 512x512 head in illustrator and then zoom in and show us the clean edge on a the .png file. This is what i got from yours and lexx's heads it just sparked my curiosity so i messed around a bit. the screenshots haven't been resized so there should be no mixing of pixels.

interesting comparison for people wondering

and nice job lexx, fun style although i don't totally agree on how the collar turned out but i haven't seen one i've liked yet..
Last edited by 13chillz; Mar 7, 2014 at 01:26 AM.
wow! would buy for 10k
Scribe pls c:
[OSHI] [Judo Organization] [Aether] [Team AikidoBigDojo] [PSN]
[3:50:35 PM] Sam: I'm a lyrical, cynical, rythmical demon.
Spittin out lines like I spit out hot semen.....
Taking a break...
Thanks 13chillz!
I've watched the pic and for some reason I have a feeling that Illustrator makes it have better edges.
Pair, thanks, I almost laughed.
"Philosophy of mankind are pink dreams of a blue planet" ~Lexx
• มวยไทย •
You will get finer edges in Illustrator, it's the perfect tool. But it's a lot harder to use than Photoshop, at least in the beginning, takes some getting used to.

Thanks! I didn't make my avatar though, wish I did. I can't into anatomy :/

400% zoom in pixel preview

800% zoom in pixel preview

800% in vector