Toribash
Original Post
[March Madness] A Battle of Wits (Finished)

March Madness has run half its course, and it is far from over. Do you have the brains to match your fighting skill and artistic talent? Outsmart your opponents, and carry your team to victory!

There are two tasks you must accomplish:

First, you must create a riddle, logic puzzle, lateral thinking problem, or any other type of brainteaser. PM both the problem and the answer to me. After the deadline has passed for the first part of the event, problems will be made available here.

Once the problems are made public, you may attempt to answer any of them, except those submitted by members of your own team.

· You may now attempt to solve any problem which was not submitted by a member of your own team.

Each winner for the following criteria will receive an item corresponding to the team that they have chosen:

· Most problems solved

· Most creative solution to a problem

· Best presentation of a problem

· Submitting the most intricate problem

Points will be awarded to teams for each individual problem solved depending on its difficulty, and the amount of time that it remained unsolved.

Both the submission and answering processes will be judged by representatives from each team.

Solutions must be submitted by midnight, March 31st (according to UTC/GMT).

Problems:

1 (Solved by AssassinPro)

2 (Solved by Fatulbrown)

3 (Solved by khelbel)

4 (Solved by Holo)

5 (Solved by MrJingles1)

6 (Solved by AssassinPro)

7 (Solved by pusga)

8 (Solved by saif118BANK)

9 (Solved by jack9918)

10 (Solved by 13chillz)

11 (Solved by 13chillz)

Last edited by Wight; Mar 28, 2014 at 01:38 AM.
#5 is a river.

I actually heard this one a little while back;

because a river can "run", has a "mouth", has a bed "but" cannot sleep and so on.

also I am pretty sure that #1 cannot be solved with common knowledge therefore it should be invalid. I am guessing one would need to use formulas or something similar, which is unfair to others. Or I'm just over thinking it.
Last edited by MrJingles; Mar 26, 2014 at 06:03 AM.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Ad phones 1: it doesn't exactly make sense because it says the lamps will produce heat per hour OVER 2 square meters, it says for the first question, what will the temperature Be in 15 mins? The lamps will produce 4500 jouls per every 15 mins covering only 0.5 square meters. The 0.5 square metres would have gained temperature, but the other space would not have changed, how do we figure this out? Explanation: 3000x6=18000 18000 divided by 4= 4500. The space the heat takes up is 0.5m squared because 4 divided by 2 = 0.5. Overall it is impossible to solve the problem.
-----
It also doesn't tell you how much space the water takes up.
-----
And the water would fill the whole room in 2 mins roughly because the room has a volume of 72L and the water falls at 30L per min.
-----
Anyway in 15 mins I think the temperature would be 24.2The heats lamps only cover 4m squared and the water would overlap that space. The water will be 2c because once the water fills the room, the heat will not rise. The water is 2 degrees Celsius and on abut 2 mins it fills the whole room, after that the period of time left over will not affect the temperature. Pretty logical to me.
Last edited by ehon; Mar 26, 2014 at 06:59 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Cats <3
Originally Posted by ehon View Post
Overall it is impossible to solve the problem.

Anyway in 15 mins I think the temperature would be 24.2

How would you arrive at this number then?

EDIT: My apologies for forgetting to remove one particular rule found on the first post, for those wondering why it has suddenly changed.
Last edited by Wight; Mar 26, 2014 at 07:38 AM.

day and night

reasoning:
both the similar concepts exact opposite. /siblings
neighbors because day becomes night. /live next to each other
day is never in the same time as night. /never see each other

what would the other angel say wasn't the door to heaven?

reasoning:

liar would lie saying the true angel would point to the heaven door
true angel would tell truth saying the liar would lie and point to the heaven door

internet? :o
Last edited by 13chillz; Mar 26, 2014 at 09:05 AM.
9th problem: Jack died in 1982, in the willow coffin, with the wooden gravestone, he was known as "evil"
I filled in the gaps until they made sense.

Last edited by Jack; Mar 26, 2014 at 10:19 AM.

Problem #8

Airsoft gun

problem #3

Ring finger/fingers

Problem #6

Alcohol/Beverage
Last edited by khelbel; Mar 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM.
Problem 3:

A microphone
Matarika|Mobinladen|Youngsandm|Darknis|2WC|Sidtheepic|
"Brains are like computers but squishy and very watery :3'' ~D

Problem #8

Not to say ****, it could be human skin of a particular person. It's soft, but if it's cut or has other injuries or whatever on it it's painful.

Airsoft guy in made of hard plastic and I don't think it's soft ;o