Toribash
Original Post
Toribash Multiplayer layout redesign [Rev05]
Hi folks!
Even if i'm not a champion in the game, i really love Toribash and the community that has born around it.
So, a few days ago i was looking for some rooms and then had a vision.
Now that Toribash is on Steam and is even more popular than before, what would be like a user interface upgrade?
So i moved on my laptop and started crafting some buttons, tabs, windows etc... at the end i got this. Which is only the very very very first wip of what a real redesign could be like.
Tell me what do you think, any tips is welcome and appreciated!

V0

I'm actually thinking about replacing the options-bar (belt restricted etc) with flags to check.. maybe more intuitive?

Let your ideas flow in your mind!
And of course, thanks for your time

P.S.: I'm noticing that colors are darker than expected, i'll fix that soon (done)

-------------- Newer versions ------------------

Rev5: Search bar (finally!), friends/buddy icon, improved shadows, filter options fixed, just one more entry.

(click to view at full-size)

Old presentation

Rev4: New color scheme (thanks to Sir), Tori logo added, NewRoom and Back changed (again), even more entries.

Rev3: Can we just skip this? ok...

Rev2: Even more bright colors, added rooms, scaled down some texts, improved NewRoom and Back buttons.

Rev1: Brightened some colors, added rooms, fixed distances, improved Enter button, selected room, NewRoom and Back icons.

Last edited by LordLucas; Sep 15, 2014 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Rev5
Originally Posted by Everex View Post
I Really like the design and want it to change to something like this!
and what Viraly0 said .. that this layout has become kinda boring.

Aaaaaalso i noticed that you wrote ''Descritption'' instead of description :P

Gonna fix that in Rev5 :P ahah
Originally Posted by EnTrance View Post
where can i get the disign??

unfortunately its still a concept.
I was trying to re-imagine Toribash, but it seems that devs think this is "too much". I'm actually open to talk about that and find a way to really upgrade Toribash' UserInterface, but i understand it's not that simple.
Anyway, i'll keep my work costantly updated as new ideas bring to my mind.
Thanks for your support guys
Perhaps support for UI skins (Kinda like steam has built-in support for their UI) would be nice, but I'm not quite sure how hard that is to implement.
When minbelt is all, do None instead of Every.
Also mnd giving me the layout for download? I like it :3
What's the difference between us? Let's start at the penis.
Originally Posted by yonas123 View Post
When minbelt is all, do None instead of Every.
Also mnd giving me the layout for download? I like it :3

I'm glad you like it but unfortunately it's only a "concept".
This means that it's just a jpeg created with love and crafted using pure unicorn's ash.
Hopefully (but less likely) Toribash 's creators will give this concept a look and probably (but not too much) the next version of Toribash will look similar to this.
Until then, thanks for the compliments
I really like your designs, however I do not like the ideas of having the color of the belt showing rather than the words.

I really hope this is added in.
Originally Posted by sethethan View Post
I really like your designs, however I do not like the ideas of having the color of the belt showing rather than the words.

I really hope this is added in.

Thanks Sethethan!
The colour of the belt is actually showed using words. (rev5)
If you didn't check already, i redesigned the chat too. You can view it here: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=477143

P.S.: Make sure to view images at full resolution! (just click on the pic)
-----
Just received this mail but can't find the message

Anyway, i thought about "New Room" and "Back" labels, i wanted to give them the same old look of Toribash. That's why they are so different. I wanted to make some buttons for those actions but then i thought that standard text would have been nice for old Toribash fans. If this concept will never be adopted (i don't think so) i will be able to make some minor changes to that layout and maybe change those labels to nice buttons.

Thanks for the compliments and for your opinion
Last edited by LordLucas; Dec 16, 2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
what if they let you choose images for the menus, images you would make yourself or download. also you could have an option to remap all the buttons on the multiplayer screen like you can do in mobile games, you know like drag and drop them.
(Origin)
Just a lil note to thanks everyone who supported this topic.
The MP Redesign is now real and fixed in Toribash 4.95!!!
Enjoy the new GUI.
Long life to Toribash

Thank you so much.