Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Getting paid "tons" doesn't suddenly make it good.

One of my favorite sets is the one Dylan86 is wearing now, I believe its by Aveance.
I'll unfortunately go a bit off-topic with this post, but I've been wondering this for some time now, and i might as well ask it in this thread, as it's texture related.

What's up with people paying massive amounts for FlyingMonk's sets? Generally textures seem obnoxiously over priced nowadays. Back in the day you paid 65k for AlphasoniK's masterpiece of a head, or 200k for Aveance's real smooth set. And in these cases artist's name gave it that extra worth. And nowadays i see people selling c/p stuff by 'random' guys for 300k? Is there really THAT much more tc around nowadays, or can't people really judge any values properly?

Oh, and to make this post even a bit related to OP, IIRC BenDover's tribal sets were quite classy?
Last edited by Jodarok; Jul 15, 2015 at 02:38 AM.
It's All About Expansion
Originally Posted by Jodarok View Post

Honestly I think because the newer players aren't familiar of the great texturers we use to have. Not to say they aren't any good ones now. Any texture with a bunch of shit crammed in it goes for 100k+ these days. BenDover's set were gr8. Razasha was also a great artist who could pretty much do anything.
Just by living, people hurt others without even realizing it. So long as humanity exists, hate will also exist. There is no peace in this cursed world. War is just a crime paid for by the pain of the defeated...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fuck yeah this is so true. Why don't the new comers check out some older artists because I think some sets now are ssoooo OVERPRICED! But then again someone offered 20k for my Taroni set. Like the fuck. -.-
I am just an icon livin'
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=514806
example that art prices aren't real anymore
if i can get away with selling my bullshit for more than real sets then there's definitely a problem with people
just letting you know i went on to get a couple 150k offers over pm/skype
declined them then gave the set to internet for his birthday

i agree with hanz0 on his previous remarks and bounce off to say that i've seen some lovely abstract sets
some of advens' earlier works were unique and nice to look at, but now i'd say his work turned from the customer to the tc
this is what toribash artists are turning into - money making machines
one of my favorite artists is still MrPleasure as he did requests and his style was awesome without a doubt
i think Kikipro is wearing the head that he made that i requested from him
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
I don't think many people realize the value of time and effort anymore, while FlyingMonk can wip up a set in maybe an hour, our people slave over there art for days and get maybe a 60k offer. However while some of the problem is newer guys don't know older sexier art. Its also about how pushy you are on your thread, I believe that's how to get the prices you want.

If you don't take shit you can get a good price.

For example: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=521738

Report threats help sell heads for more.
Oh, and to respond to what hobo just said, no one wants original things anymore, Everyone is Robot or Ninja, and now there are the abstract sets. Any set that is beautiful but original is lucky to sell for 100k+

Also I believe that the best Minimalist artist is Marci6 he takes tons of time on his works and I love them. But that's just my opinion.
Last edited by Submerge; Jul 15, 2015 at 03:50 AM.
[JollyR] [Ct] |Event Squad| (Au) [xp]
Pill || Calamity || Dropkick || Jere
Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
I don't think many people realize the value of time and effort anymore, while FlyingMonk can wip up a set in maybe an hour, our people slave over there art for days and get maybe a 60k offer. However while some of the problem is newer guys don't know older sexier art. Its also about how pushy you are on your thread, I believe that's how to get the prices you want.

If you don't take shit you can get a good price.

For example: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=521738

Report threats help sell heads for more.
Oh, and to respond to what hobo just said, no one wants original things anymore, Everyone is Robot or Ninja, and now there are the abstract sets. Any set that is beautiful but original is lucky to sell for 100k+

Also I believe that the best Minimalist artist is Marci6 he takes tons of time on his works and I love them. But that's just my opinion.

Report threats like that are bullshit. The only people who do that are the ones who know they are overcharging for junk. None of the good artists needed to do that back in the day.

On-topicish: Todays sets are for the most part overpriced. Especially C/P sets that some make. Compared to sets made by artists like avwave, bendover, pate5, razasha, hell even compared to darkjak and he was always pricing high.

People get away woth charging more because todays players havent seen good sets.

*Disclaimer* I know I forgot a ton of good artists, sorry to those of you I forgot. You know who you are.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dl me. I have the sexiest cartoon set I've seen. That being said I think I've seen like 2 cartoon sets. I need demon force to complete it.
Curious aren't you.