Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Ranking changes
I'm updating our ranking system. Rankings will reset every month and only some servers will have ranking enabled on them.

Whats new from today:
- Only selected servers will be ranked. "This is a ranked server")
- Before ranked matches you'll get a message. "This is a ranked match (#rank vs #rank)"
- I've enabled ranking on the tourney1-8 servers. Admins can put ranking on any server they please.

Whats coming:
- On the 1st of August I'll clear the current rankings. Yes, all rankings will reset.

On the last of the month will be able to have special events for the best players of that month.

This is still in development so if you have any suggestions feel free to post in this thread.
Last edited by hampa; Jul 27, 2015 at 09:30 AM.
i would have posted something like "don't let your dreams be dreams, just do eeeeeeet" but we all know it's been hopeless for years
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Clan guys finished their part of the new system ages ago, it's been in the devs hands since. They spat out a pretty huge document with all manner of clan & war stuff and I think it scared the guys that have to make it.

But yeah, hopefully not too long... Maybe...

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Clan guys finished their part of the new system ages ago, it's been in the devs hands since. They spat out a pretty huge document with all manner of clan & war stuff and I think it scared the guys that have to make it.

But yeah, hopefully not too long... Maybe...

From what I know it's just

"do this stuff, figure out how"

But hey, what do I know.
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Small question... Why if I play many games in a day, my rank only slightly changes, but when I log off and back on, sometimes it changes drastically based on my activity that day? For example, I start at 500, play 50 games and win half of them, my rank only moves up 25-30 points while I'm online, but the next day I could move all the way up to the 100's while I'm not playing. Is this just how it works, kid of like a balancing thing?
Your rank also depends on how other people play, if alot of people lose their ranks during the time you're offline, your rank may get very good without playing a single game.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
To me, this new ranking system can't work because of the following:

A.- The ranking system is flawed in the way that anyone can go and "farm" wins in a ranked server with a couple of friends to achieve a high rank. This means that I, for example, can get some friends in a ranked ABD game and have them play with me until i achieve the rank i would like to achieve, subsequently neutralizing the whole purpose of this ranking system.

B.- As stated before, the flawed nature of this ranking system still has some kinks. You shouldn't be able to just join a rank server, or a server with ranking enabled, and farm with a group of friends. It should limit the amount of wins you can get per day towards your rank, or even alert a GM when someone's rank shoots up very high in a matter of hours.

This problem is easily fixed, since i do think this is a great idea that should be continued into the near and far future. The solutions for this problem can range from limiting Elo-Gains per-day, or even limiting the amount of times someone can win against a specific player before it cuts off. I think this idea will get better in time but right now it has some kinks it needs to work out. I think this will go far into the near future and look forward to seeing it in action.

Fiddle
-----
Originally Posted by StiffRod View Post
Small question... Why if I play many games in a day, my rank only slightly changes, but when I log off and back on, sometimes it changes drastically based on my activity that day? For example, I start at 500, play 50 games and win half of them, my rank only moves up 25-30 points while I'm online, but the next day I could move all the way up to the 100's while I'm not playing. Is this just how it works, kid of like a balancing thing?

As stated bye zwouter, people could have passed bye you in ranks while you were gone, nullifying your progress and setting you back even more.
Last edited by Lucci; Oct 27, 2015 at 09:35 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

SMALLMOTHGIRLS4L

we are better than you
Originally Posted by FiddleJr View Post
To me, this new ranking system can't work because of the following:

A.- The ranking system is flawed in the way that anyone can go and "farm" wins in a ranked server with a couple of friends to achieve a high rank. This means that I, for example, can get some friends in a ranked ABD game and have them play with me until i achieve the rank i would like to achieve, subsequently neutralizing the whole purpose of this ranking system.

B.- As stated before, the flawed nature of this ranking system still has some kinks. You shouldn't be able to just join a rank server, or a server with ranking enabled, and farm with a group of friends. It should limit the amount of wins you can get per day towards your rank, or even alert a GM when someone's rank shoots up very high in a matter of hours.

This problem is easily fixed, since i do think this is a great idea that should be continued into the near and far future. The solutions for this problem can range from limiting Elo-Gains per-day, or even limiting the amount of times someone can win against a specific player before it cuts off. I think this idea will get better in time but right now it has some kinks it needs to work out. I think this will go far into the near future and look forward to seeing it in action.

Fiddle
-----

As stated bye zwouter, people could have passed bye you in ranks while you were gone, nullifying your progress and setting you back even more.

Are you dumb? It was much easier to farm before this change. They actually made it harder.
im rank one and i didnt even farm farm means you win on purpose

i just played as noobish as i can and played 0-24 on the first week thats all
Can we just agree, this rework was another fiasco. Is this going to stay like this or are there still going to be improvements?