Ranking
finally an unprovoked comment!

did you watch the ones in the later posts? I've posted one or two in almost all of my posts (although that'll probably see a now that school starts tomorrow )
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
Whoa, monster thread, took a bit more time to watch all those replays than I expected...

Anyways, very impressive replays from you Archlurps.

I look forward to seeing more
Okay. I'm going into a new comment/critic format, so I don't need to use the same phrases repeatedly.

Grabless Madman
Highlights: Ending pose in which you use Uke's arm to support your pose.
Conclusion: Overall, a fantastic madman, even for your first try. Although what would make it cooler would be if your second kick decapped him. A bit slow, but sweet.

Slamkick Madman
Highlights: Decap by slamming Uke on the ground, spinning torso at the end.
Conclusion: That 'lightning' DM last hit was nice too. I couldn't see it properly, but anyone sure could see that last little pec flying away..

Misc. : Woot! I guessed all of it right! *uh-huh-uh-huh..*
Finally this thread is getting some serious attention! not stepping on you here, joonveen, but you alone aren't what I'd call serious attention. comparing to any other single commentator, you're golden, though.

Whaddya think? is Yasiou right? should I put this thread to rest and start another one, or do like Yosaku did with "kicking und stuff(ing)"? people seem to like them, though, once they've watched them, so why not? opinions will be very welcome (and I'll put a poll in if it's possible beforehand like this)

as for the replays

yeah, grabless madman is a bit slow, but I think I justify that by not grabbing uke to pull him closer. Yeah, i could've decapped him with the second kick, but there are two main reasons why I wouldn't: the kick would have thrown me off balance and would have taken a lot more fine tuning If I had and the second one, then I wouldn't have had anything to do for the third kick.

I don't think that the last DM was all that fast in Slamkick madman. What I'd call fast(ish) is the last 2 DM's in sick combo in the first post.

Oh, and JV, since you make heads and have a mac, do you know GIMP well, or even the basics? I need helpz on it, and big time.
Last edited by Archlurps; Aug 11, 2008 at 04:18 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-
Actually, I'm more into Photoshop. I can't seem to get GIMP installed, as I have some problems with the X11 environment etc.
Sadly, I'm also having some problems with transferring Photoshop to my new comp, so whatever.

Still, I'll try to help in anyway possible :P If you want, PM me and we can exchange..MSN account names?

EDIT:
Oh, not just heads. FULL TEXTURES!! SIGNATURES!! Bladeblabla~
Slamkick Madman: Those were some very fast kicks! 4.8/5
Grabless Madman: Very nice for your first non-grab madman! 5/5
Last edited by ku0; Aug 11, 2008 at 04:56 PM. Reason: left out word
"I have not told half of what I saw." ~ Marco Polo
I most liked the splitpunch 3 edit, it could use a nice ending pose though.

The last hit in the legless madman which name I can't remember was great, but it was after the time ended. How is that possible? o.o

Nice replays Arch, 8/10 overall I'd say.
~What word begins with p and ends in orn? Popcorn!~
Originally Posted by Splunker
...i cant just sit and watch the clan i made and payed for just die in my face it hurts...

maybe it's a difference between the versions, the second noleggy madman is notepad-hacked to have 100 more frames, cuz I initially put in 500 like usual, but the tearing off of my legs took a while, and when I decided to lift uke, I wasted another 50 or so frames.

anyways, I finally ran out of good ideas, so I did what I usually do, executed a bad one.

well it's not exactly bad, but rather not well executable in toribash.

anyways, when I do something like that, I end up doing weird stuff that I've never done or haven't done before, and come up with ways to use them with more traditional replays. this happened at least once now, too.

well here it is:

not so fast:
I've always wondered why uke is always (or, at least, whenever tori wants to,) so submissive to tori. he just lets him kick the shit out of him for no apparent reason, and never complains, at least during replays. also he seems to magically regain lost parts. I think I thought out loud on the computer sometimes when trying to figure it out, and then one time when I opened ToriBash and started searching my replays, I found this. It had a much ore grotesque name than the one I'm posting it with, I tell you that. It features uke running away from tori and tori leaping at him when he's a bit into it, and tearing him to bits. then when I searched my replays folder, I found a video pic of uke filming himself, telling me that tori is a mad scientist or magician, it wasn't clear which, but he could clone uke unlimitedly, but al the clones shared a mind, so they remembered what had happened to uke over the years over and over again. The submissiveness is due to the fact that he can decide not to clone some things, like the ability to retaliate (of cource it is not that simple, but can be done by not cloning some areas of the brain). this time, however, he'd forgotten that, hence he was able to make these files. then the file corrupted itself.

You might think that uke runs like a prison raped eunuch, but wouldn't you if you'd never ran before and knew that a rampant mad scientist/magician would be after you any second
Attached Files
1 not so fast.rpl (729.2 KB, 12 views)
Last edited by Archlurps; Aug 12, 2008 at 06:00 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-
Headpunch A lot of power behind that fist, not a single bit of grab. Hit head was gone. However, the second kick sorta ruined it for me, so 8/10

Wannabeonline Good mock fight, but you lost a few limbs, and, as stated before, no decap. I'm not really a fan of mock fights though, so I won't rate.

Splitpunch Good punch, but could've been so much more. Try turning it into a madman. For now, 6/10

sickcombo Decent madman, the only thing I didn't like was the decap. Other than that, 9/10

Matrix I don't like mods, but the flips were cool. Shame you didn't decap uke

For the final replay, I just hate Anime, so... yeah.

There ya go.
- We're arguing for the sake of arguing -
Nabi is smart- we can't quote people's moments of stupidity in our sigs.
thanks, shiggy. I'll put more replays to this post or the next one (if there are more comments before I get back). did you watch all the replays or just the first post? there are lots more, you see

EDIT: added replays

something weird must have happened when I started school again (well, gymnasium, to be exact, sucks even harder, now you can't blame the syustem for your misery, "you chose to go", although the alternatives are even worse).

either that or just the fact that the things I came up with during "not so fast" required distance, and distance means kicks.

you got it, the new replays are kicks... and a madman.

fluid opener madman: well, rather, a madman with an opener that has a fluid buildup, but let's not kill the fun with all the uptight exactness. I also love the transitions, but the rest I'm leaving something too Joonveen (grats on changing your avvy, btw, always liked that one more) and the folks to say
headkick 7: this is my first headkick in quite a while. the scissor-ish buildup is possibly a tad simple in the end, but not too much IMHO
splitkick 5: this, as the headkick above, is my first splitkick in quite a while. I was going for two legs and a decap or chest shatterhit, but I got something almost as good: a split from the side. I find them a lot harder, and cooler-looking than ones from the front. Sorry for you guys who don't like extra dm's in non-edit split/decap replays, but I just couldn't resist. It's after some dancing and two steps, so it shouldn't steal as much of the spot from the split as one right after it would. think of it as a separate replay
splitkick 6: that above splitkick left me with a haste I couldn't resist (well, I was trying to whirl a bit more and do a manipulation replay, but soon I realized the opportunity for a splitkick), and I ended up with this one. I twitch a bit, but It's not too bad IMHO.
splitkick 6 combo edit: a split-decap combo of the above

by the way, this'll be my last post this late, now that school's out no more. *sigh*

enjoy!
Attached Files
2 fluid opener madman.rpl (282.4 KB, 14 views)
1 headkick 7.rpl (126.5 KB, 11 views)
1 splitkick 5.rpl (186.9 KB, 10 views)
1 splitkick 6.rpl (151.8 KB, 9 views)
2 splitkick 6 combo edit.rpl (159.2 KB, 11 views)
Last edited by Archlurps; Aug 12, 2008 at 09:01 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-