Toribash
Fountain- It looked unreal, which was cool. The general movement of Tori was very unique, and I haven't seen anything like it before. However, I can't let you slide on that 'short' kick.

I'll comment on your earlier replays, next.
- We're arguing for the sake of arguing -
Nabi is smart- we can't quote people's moments of stupidity in our sigs.
...Aw hell no.

I was going through and commenting on your replays in quick reply...
And my post got erased.
I'll sum up he more important parts.
Cheezburger was awesome.
Crescent kick was less than impressive.
In The Vitals was great.
- We're arguing for the sake of arguing -
Nabi is smart- we can't quote people's moments of stupidity in our sigs.
sorry about the huge post... you really should do those kindsa things in notepad.

as for the kick in fountain, I agree, it wasn't one of my best, which is why I named it after the movements of uke's head. It's not as short as the kicks I hate, though, it extends almost completely and it's more of a slice than a nip like the worst short kicks. but yes, you're right, you did make me feel slightly like hypocrite.

and ffs! where are the commentators? not talking you down here, shiggy, but come on, there have been like 5 other people in the last half hour on other threads, what's wrong with this one

oh, and please don't double post anymore...
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
alright, as promised i'll comment the earlier ones as well

we discusd the cheezburger alredy :
Really liked this one, the buildup was decent, the decap kick was well executed and the spinned out punch was just awesome, i never manage to get both arms off in one go. Ending in a pose like that also deserves some extra Kudos !

crescent kick:

Nice clean kick, nothing too fancy but not bad either. My favorite part of the whole replay is the pose lol.

piston decap:

Your buildup in this replay reminds of Tai chi ( uh..spelling ? ) saving up teh power and release it all at once in a clean decap. I was thinking something along the lines of " My batteries are running low so i better focus my energy on the thing i wanna do ^^" Nice ending pose as always.

Sorry for sucking in the comment department :P
i'll catch up with the others after the next bump ;)
<Alan> lol, rutz, it might be cool to smell your ass all the time you touch the mic

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/H4rl/PS/deathnote1-2.png
awesome stuf there arch, i am too lazy to write all of the rated names so i use em as numbers 1-6
1.8/10
2.7/10
3.7/10
4.8/10
5.9/10
6.7/10
you gave me alot inspiration this time mate
@rutz: I don't wanna pressure, just asking. and I don't really mind the delay, at least it keeps the thread alive . as for the pose in piston decap, I myself didn't like it all that much... but good to know someone does.
@splatter: thanks, seem like good grades. was a bit shocked at first, thought you gave the first ones like less than five :O... but then I got the format. Not sure where you started, though... I can't see how the clean edit of crescent kick was that much better than the original, and better than cheezburger... but yeah, thanks

now on to the next bunch. This'll be four, but one two are almost filler, so it totals to three proper replays.

charger feint: well, the name woulda suited a running attack more, but I got lazy with all the failed attempts and had to use the name while I remembered it. the funky leverage is nice IMHO, but I struggled with the pose, as can be seen.
backstabber: I don't like the small pause after the kick, nor the fact that I kick my glute a bit, but it's not that serious really. I kept the stuttering start because I doubt I coulda get that glute to behave that weirdly again 0_0... my favourite pose, btw. the one in "U go first, I's gonna cover ur backz" is my second fav.
chicken run: well, sorta like running, but dong so like a headless chicken, hardly aware of direction
chicken run 2: same as above, but a bit more refined.
Attached Files
1 charger feint.rpl (134.6 KB, 9 views)
2 backstabber.rpl (276.2 KB, 9 views)
9 chicken run.rpl (311.8 KB, 8 views)
9 chicken run 2.rpl (223.3 KB, 8 views)
I refuse to grab.
-
ello again, not been on the forums properly for a couple of days and i managed to miss 11 of your replays, so im gonna stick to short comments hehe.

fountain: nice setup and decap. Preferred the ending in the first one to the edit though, even though its stiffer i like the spin.

next best thing: wouldve been amazing if you got the kick to decap, but nice recovery-decap anyway. I likes the opener.

sacrifice nice all round, i like the jump and how you control uke during the combo. the last kick is fast as well, didnt expect it!

slo mo i love the approach to uke but the kick looks a bit odd, would look better if you could spring up and decap him from a tad further away without that ankle nudge.

supraiz again i like the opener but it again it would be awesome if you could get that decap on the first hit. still nice though, wouldnt have thought to put that split kick in myself.

cover ur backz haha i love this one, when uke landed on his head and started to fall again i breifly thought 'wuh? what was the point of that then?' and then realised you werent getting into a pose, you were on your way to destroy him

uff i need to go make some food before i starve so il comment the rest when this thread needs a bump
[Addicted]Spree
Youshop | Art
hmmh... thanks, it's gonna need one. Now I see why everybody else is so silent around the forums. SCHOOL... gaah.

just takes the toribash and commenting spirit out of you... Although this time I was a bit dry in the weekend already. Lucky I have replays ready for thenext bunch, otherwise the thread would die.

Not gonna post the bunch yet though, one comment is still too little...
I refuse to grab.
-
Fountain: Very nice, an extremely well executed neck slice. I'd say more but my style is compressed and..big-word filled. (can't find the word, ARGH?)

EDIT: GAH, I thought the third page was the last and was in for an easy night when I posted my comment, the page reloaded, and I saw page 4. T_T

For the rest:
Charger Feint
Nothing too impressive, but nice nonetheless.

Backstabber
No significant DMs, so nothing much eye-catching. The idea of it was nice, though, and the glute that stayed "magnetized" with Uke's underarm throughout the replay was nice.

Chicken Run 2
Kinda disappointing. You could just take a break, 'cause this batch seemed kinda desperate. Like a project rushed to meet the deadline. (ironic word)
My eyes are too closed to look at both chicken runs =.= Must..haz..caffeine..
Last edited by joonveen; Oct 6, 2008 at 03:43 PM.
lol... get your caffeine, joonveen, there'll be more.

And they look (and to some extent are) unfinished cuz I tried walking, which is a lot more different from pwning than trying to land a flying punch. Also maybe I had a bit too much to choose those replays from (excess, remember).

but you are also right, although not for the right reasons. the replays were made when I still had the spirit, but Monday (or maybe it's just school at all) blues killed it today.

I'm posting another "trash bunch" now and start work on high gravity. for the hecks of it, I'll try even more than sambo ... like 60 or 75.

charger feint decap: what the name says.
orbiter kick: A lot like crescent kick, but not quite. I think you'll like it more though. I do.
don't underestimate a cripple: yeah, look at Gregory House (at any time but when he's in a hurry or in the beginning of the second season). or tori, who, while having two very well functioning legs, can walk even less than House, with or without cane.
ballerina feint kick: a sorry attempt at walking, followed by a less sorry display of kickzoring. before dissing the useless kick, check the dictionary for "feint". refer to the part that mentions boxing.
chicken run 3: you guessed it... although these are a bit better than the earlier ones.
Attached Files
1 charger feint decap.rpl (123.5 KB, 5 views)
1 orbiter kick.rpl (117.2 KB, 6 views)
9 ballerina feint kick.rpl (248.6 KB, 6 views)
9 chicken run 3.rpl (174.1 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by Archlurps; Oct 6, 2008 at 06:50 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-