Toribash
Re: what's all this then? -- about the payment issues...
Originally Posted by Flagg
Today should be declared Toribash Veteran's Day, to honor all those brave soldiers who died in the flame wars that occured today.

HAHA YES!!
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
lol nice idea =)

i'm just happy i posted a topic that's become supa hot =O
i debated to myself whether or not this game is worth it. I mean we should really cut hampa slack (my recent post said different), but I think there should be a version that's not quite as good for free. like, it could have an editing feature removed. I think people would still buy it, but i most certainly hope hampa would get the money he needs to keep this going, because those donation links i see on sites, make me feel bad for not having a credit card.
that is the demo version. It will have time restrictions on it. I don't know what the details are.

This could be a maximum 30 days or 200 frames or 10 minutes running before it closes the game (and you have to start it again). Whatever it is, there will be some playable form which you dont have to pay for. And version 1.99 will still be around.
I has a flavour
i thourt that the Demo might be just vertion 1.99 and that there would be no realy demo, just v 1.99, but of crs it might have some extra restrictions as any demo, posibly a limatation on multiplayer time, like 30 mins a day max multiplaying time, or limmated number of servers and no create own server ability...
seriously guys i think that the demo should be like the full game with a time limit (30 days or something) so people could decide to buy or not to buy becouse as i said before (not in this topic) no one can really say if its worth it or not, besides if you ask me and if the posts i have read (not on this topic) are true than the price is fair since all future updates will be free.
Trying to gode/scare/guilt/manipulate people into getting this game is not a good way to attract potential buyers.

My personal stance, I will probably buy toribash, which is because I like it, I have the money to spend and I want to keep playing it, I think it sucks that I have to pay for anything but that is a fact of life, nothing is free.

Yes someone did put much time and effort into making this game, good job and all that, but if you're so worried about him getting payed for his work, why not donate him extra money if you're so passionate about it.

Also yes, tori bash is a great game but at the same time it does not have the production values of most games developed by studios, and choosing to go for a studio game as opposed to a home made game like this does not make people shallow or evil.

P.S. that armadillo run game was super awesome, I wish i knew of more games like that.
Originally Posted by bawhee
seriously guys i think that the demo should be like the full game with a time limit (30 days or something) so people could decide to buy or not to buy becouse as i said before (not in this topic) no one can really say if its worth it or not, besides if you ask me and if the posts i have read (not on this topic) are true than the price is fair since all future updates will be free.

I hate those kinds of demos, just take out features. A few basic servers, no self-servers, no mods except the swords allowed, no editing, etc. That'd be plenty good enough of a demo. This "30 days and then it stops working" is annoying, because then you have to go and delete it, or you can redownload it and use that one.

It might just be me, but suddenly finding out that little "when you're bored" hobby game you've had for a month stops working, all you can think of is "crap, now i gotta find where i put it, delete it... did i even bookmark that page? aww shit... i didn't..." etc...

Just put up a bare-bones version with minimal parts, maybe only four multiplayer servers or somthing as a demo, with extra txt files explaining what one can have in the full version.
this has been very intresting i'm happy with these replys...
i think we have a good idea of what the demo should be now tho so if that's all ur gona post about then don't, unless you have a compleat exact list or something new to add... if ur just gona post cus u dissagree but don't have and exact idea of what it should be then DON'T...

thanks for your views: XxVampirexX