Endurance Onslaught 6.0
1. There is a train that is about to hit 5 people. You are standing next to a switch that will change the path of the train, but by doing so, the train will hit 1 person. What do you do?

if i have complete control of the situation, i save the 1, because the group of 5 are terrorists, obviously.

No, seriously? this is so loaded with potential, and kept as simple as stated... the commonly accepted answer is to save the majority, kill the minority.

But... i'd have the be IN the situation to know what i would do.

If i had any glimpse of the eyes of the (potential) victims, i would know very wel what kinds of people they are... chances hold that if i felt the group of 5 consisted of less than 2 'decent' people, i'd save the group of one. if the one had disturbing eyes and aura, i might let him take the sacrifice.

2. You are the conductor of the train that is about to hit 5 people. The brakes are shot. You can turn the train to a different track, but by doing so the train will hit 1 other person. What do you do?

Save the group of 5. i am not in a position to make any level of connection with these people. meanwhile, i'd scream my head off at the one.

3. You are standing at the train station. You see the train coming at a high speed, and you also notice 5 workers on the tracks. The train is on the course to hit them. Next to you is a considerably overweight person. He is leaning over the tracks. If he were to be "accidentally" pushed onto the tracks, there is a chance that the 5 workers would be saved (I'm not trying to jab at overweight people. This is just the scenario, however farfetched it may be, and it is merely hypothetical). What do you do?

Push him and pray they all get hit. then in court i will defend myself that the fat man should have been heavy enough to stop the train.
SuicideDo, the Brewtal Drunken Immortal.
1. I would hit them all for being morons (being on the tracks in the first place)

2. See above

3. I wouldn't dare get involved.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
1. I would do nothing. The train and the people there are not my fault (I assume).
2. Try to brake (even though they're busted, assuming it's not my fault they're busted), but keep going on my course, because I assume that, again, it's not my fault they're on the tracks.
3. Again, nothing. Nothing to do with me.

This is clearly not the most "morally right" thing to do. If I do anything, I think I'd be in trouble somehow or other.
Originally Posted by DeeJayy741 View Post
1. I would do nothing. The train and the people there are not my fault (I assume).
2. Try to brake (even though they're busted, assuming it's not my fault they're busted), but keep going on my course, because I assume that, again, it's not my fault they're on the tracks.
3. Again, nothing. Nothing to do with me.

This is clearly not the most "morally right" thing to do. If I do anything, I think I'd be in trouble somehow or other.

Why would you be in trouble? Because you broke laws, because you killed a member of someone's family? What's the reasoning behind this, beyond "I might get in trouble"?

Interested, by the way, not trying to be a dick.
"Well, I don't want to leave you alone. I want you to get mad!"
Why would I be in trouble? Cos, I have killed someone. I might've saved 5 other lives, but I have also killed someone.