Endurance Onslaught 6.0
yes but an attempt should be made to get back to the fight

as Peter said flying away isnt bad it's staying away

it is most frusturating in mods like wushu and taekkyon where the real skill of the players emerges after the first three turns in their ability to follow up their opener with more effective attacks

running is annoying when used by people with the skill to get back but chose not to

it is a sign of noobiness seeing as many people with less game experience simply cant get back to their opponent
back from the dead
SELLING MY DEACTIVATED
I agree with wik. Im ok ingame but im not great. sometimes im not capable of coming back. but if i can then i will. and players who are capable should try rejoin the fight.
TINT
TA | TGO | TMA
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Made by Fenris
Originally Posted by Wik View Post
running is annoying when used by people with the skill to get back but chose not to

If I feel that being too close to you in a match can potentially do more harm than good to me, you better believe that I will step back. Maybe not a full out sprint in the opposite direction, but a safe distance away where I can have room to breathe and plan out an attack. It's called spacing. Unfortunately, I can't do that without being called a runner.

Honestly, it feels like all matches in Toribash boil down to who kicks the hardest. Nobody pays too much attention to defense these days.
Originally Posted by Wik View Post
it is a sign of noobiness seeing as many people with less game experience simply cant get back to their opponent

Here's the thing though. If you keep doing the same move over and over again to someone, they will eventually find a way to counter it. I know the skill to maneuver your tori doesn't just appear within the first 1000 or probably even 5000 matches played, however, if you simply let people run without insulting their playstyle, I'm pretty sure people will learn to counter it a lot earlier in their Toribash Careers (Dunno another way to phrase it).
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
I try to Defend. Its a recent development so I still have alot of work to do. and obviously lots of players avoid kicks etc. so there is an element of defense in there
TINT
TA | TGO | TMA
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Made by Fenris
The fact of the matter is, running is a tactic, nooby or not. If you don't like it, learn to counter it. I completely agree with danoob. It's not running when you're ahead, it's being smart. If you ran while you were down in points, you are DUMB. If you think style is more important than winning, or if the replay is the best part of the fight, then sparring and private servers are for you. Don't go anywhere near a server that involves tc, because you're just gonna get frustrated and say, "Fuck this, I'm (insert something irrational here) RIGHT NOW!"

Running isn't bad. It's a tactic used for winning. It's also not called running of you're not capable of coming back, whether it be because you aren't skilled enough or because you have too many fractured joints, etc.

I run in tournaments. I'm a 3rd Dan Black Belt.
I don't run when I'm having fun with friends in a private server.
Running isn't so easy as "Just counter it" though. A running player has 4 directions(up back left right) in which they can move to, and best you can do is to try and predict one of them. Also since usually when a player decides to run, you aren't really close enough to outspeed them, considering both tori's have the same 'strength/speed' to move with.
Running is just a cheap option (and therefore nooby) because toribash is in fact a fighting game. Why come to a fighting game just to run away from most of your fights. But I also agree it's not running when you don't have the skill to make a comeback, because then you're not deliberqtely mega-hopping away from your opponents just to win 1qi or a tourney/duel... then you just suck . It's only when I see they had an opportunity to strike back, had the skill in order to, but instead took the chance to 'play safe' and run away from the point of the game is when I start caps-locking on those noobs.
<fett175> So what you're saying is, I can type whatever I want here and it will be at the bottom of all my posts?... AWESOME
I generally dont see the point in Capslocking. rather just wait for the fight to end then find a server more to my liking. or buy a nudge and headbutt the noob to prove a point. then leave.(only really works if you have tc that you dont care about). also rk-mma.tbm<3 because its generally easy to chase down the runners in that mod, and if they are just nooby they wont be able to stay in the ring.
TINT
TA | TGO | TMA
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Made by Fenris
Originally Posted by fett175 View Post
Running isn't so easy as "Just counter it" though.

When I say that you can counter the run, I mean that you can prevent it from happening.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
Yea but that's much easier said than done, since grab is usually turned off in most 'runners' mods like wuhu or ninjutsu. What happens is you make an excellent attack, but they jump the equivalent of both the 'longest' and 'highest' distance jumped records combined, except they have their foot sticking out and BAM. They somehow have more points than you and they stay suspended in midair for 700 frames. Well.... this mostly applies to wushu where the low gravity allows it, but I guess in ringed higher gravity mods it's much easier to counter a run. But even in these mods, both tori's like I said have the same speed, so dance around the ring as much as you want but if a runner knows how to maneuver in high gravity as much as you do, chances are you wont catch him.

Also~
I know capslocking doesn't do anything, but it MAKES THE VOICE IN YOUR HEAD READ LIKE THIS. lol. When I curse along with caps-locking, theres no way my message can't get across
Last edited by fett175; Aug 13, 2012 at 05:14 PM.
<fett175> So what you're saying is, I can type whatever I want here and it will be at the bottom of all my posts?... AWESOME