Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Originally Posted by utaniam View Post
Buuut i think it has gotten a bit harder to sell stuff and it seems that its just gotten more boring but i only play it for ingame shiz

Well obviously you haven't been playing before 2009, because it used to be hard to make a decent amount of TC because, there were no bet commands, or 500tc tourneys and duels. Most of the tb economy was broke and thats when people just played for enjoyment instead of TC. I'm not saying everybody plays for TC but I'm just saying the majority. How has it gotten more boring, it has just gotten more improvements unless you are just talking about how YOU are bored of toribash for playing so much.
Of course toribash isn't really popular, there are so many people that don't know about it. Over 6 billion people in the world don't know about it. Huge numbers, but there are so many other websites it competes with. So yeah. Also it is active, there are a lot of players still playing (maybe not the old players)... It's not dying. It will eventually die I think, but not now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
Originally Posted by Beta View Post
Of course toribash isn't really popular, there are so many people that don't know about it. Over 6 billion people in the world don't know about it. Huge numbers, but there are so many other websites it competes with. So yeah. Also it is active, there are a lot of players still playing (maybe not the old players)... It's not dying. It will eventually die I think, but not now.

1. We only have 6.5 billion people, so they can't be "over" that ammount.

2. Even the internet has less than a billion people who pay attention to it.

3. Your logic is invalid.
Originally Posted by Mccqa View Post
Lets say I said, 1/10 active forum members. I bet a lot of those 1,6Melon didn't played at all, or only few matches. And what about second chance? For those that are perma banned? (Not for every.) As I saw a lot of perma banned players has 800+ posts. Lets say +400 active forum members. Sorry if this is shitty ideas, I just want to be optimistic. And explain me, why not? Ofc, it's not hard to ban them again, in need. And there is always 200-300~ players playing in-game, wake up, it's really, really small amount of active players. More advertising maybe? Forum is great place to fall in love with toribash becose this community is great. But most of newbies don't even visit here. More tutorials, how to, where to...

last i checked, it was estimated 400 000 of that 1.6 million were soemwhat active members.
200-300 constant active users is as many active users as toribash has had over the years, and while that may not be much compared to games like WoW or CoD, for a small indy ragdoll game, that is a shit tonne.
say most people only play for an hour at a time, thats 2000+ people a day.

Originally Posted by PsYcHo96 View Post
The economy problem can be fixed the same way it was fixed in Ryzom. Its a horrible circumstance and a lot of people would complain but it would fix the economy. After the dappers (ryzom money) lost almost all its value, it was never used anymore, items were only traded for other items and it eventually had no value at all. So the admins decided to start over, everyone kept their levels etc but all the money and items that people owned throughout the whole game was completely wiped clean. And thus, people grinded for money, spend money, traded items for money, it more or less fixed the in-game economy

Toribash couldnt survive a move like that.
All that the economy needs, is 5 texturers who make quality sets to be consistantly active.
my market interactions with hanz0, nightmare and the likes made my forum experience and are part of the reason we're still around.
the 2009+ generation just never stepped up to the plate when we left the market. choosing to only do stuff from their own shops, ignoring the requests board and auctioning sets.
the 2010 and 2011 generations have done even less, selling only heads, ignoring sets, shops and requests.
Its nearly impossible for a new user to get a decent full set. Never mind a full joint set.
unless theres decent stuff for the users to spend the money on, the economy wont improve.
5 quality texturers, dedicated to providing fast and quality texture sets, could solve that in a month.
Last edited by BenDover; Nov 9, 2012 at 08:53 AM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-