Toribash
Original Post
My Wishlist for Hampa ...
since there is so many Santa imposters out there theese days, i dont trust that guy no more :3

1. a new damage/points-system! because the momentary one just doesnt feel right for a fighting game. i dont understand the underlaying code structures but i think a short damage timeout after a clean hit could fix this ridiculous high points gained by just rubbing hands and feet on your oponent
2. -.- ...a dojo for wushu ....its a fighting game not freeroaming GTAWhiteout. nuff said
3. a new toribash! dont get me wrong, i still think that toribash is one of the best game concepts that are out there and i tryed quiet a few in my gamingcareere wich is now more than 20years ^^
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut
i feel like that is time for changes and since you are going with this steam/greenlight stuff and all that advertising to atract more players i think it would be a good idea to add some new stuff like it was done with the wii version of tb for example(2 different joint speeds) this realy made a big differnence in movement options.
also, while we start tb from scrach, we could add things like:
4. cloths (could be a new tc source for nabi =P).
5.more realistic weapons/weapon-mods. maybe achievable or buyable ones or choosable before match starts (stuff like swords,staffs, baseballbat,leadpipe^^ twinsabres, nunchuks and if the coders feel fancy enough i could imagine even guns)
6. instead of 1000 different mods there could be stages like in good old beatemups(maybe with deathtraps and such for stuff similar to finishingmoves in MK or even breakable enviroment)
7. instead of pointsdisplay an energybar would ad to the thrill of a battle and sometimes shorten matches a bit. also the bar could be related to qi/ki achived or even the belt, like say the higher the belt the more energy.....yaya i know that this would seem unfair in public rooms but then again higher belts could have their intense matches amongst themselfes while lower belts would learn faster ^^
8. combos wich decrease the new energybar slightly higher with every (clean) hit within a given period of frames, like maybe add 10% per next hit to the damage calculation or something like that(some fancy onscreen bling bling particles related to the combo so it gets harder to go on because the attackers sight on his tori decreases with every next combohit)
9. an openingsequence for battles that are edited by each player himselfe like all other fighting games have for each character(50-100 frames)
10. along with the sequence an openingstance (some dude wrote it somewhere else) could be limited by mod/room management if it comest to official/public matches with close engage distance no need for the ones with more distance, for its opener-alike and opener dont guarantee a win. or the sequence and the stance could be combined like do sequence for walk in (or whatever) and speed at the end needs to be 0 and this makes for the stance
11. customisable toris. for example shorter = quicker,higher = stronger with more mass but slower , fater = more endurance, thinner = less weight (higher jumping)
could be related to account or adjusted by sliders.
12. also, i support snakes with the grab-stuff realy never liked the glueish hands mods id prefere the grabbing as grabbing in reallife but as it is with the pointssystem grabbing someone ends one up with less points than the grabbed one or maybe only inside of the hands could grab could be a short therm solution.

........ well i could go on and on and on with what would/could be possible with a new tb. but im hungry now =P
anyhow on my part i would gladly give up my items, qi, tc (lol wich i dont have) to start from scrach again with a newer tb wich feels more arcade-like . how about you guys ?

ooooooooooooooooooooh totaly forgot, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE get that /enterfee command to work properly, so we can fund irregular tourneys and such
Last edited by Pliskien; Dec 23, 2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: forgot the most important thingy
was thinking about it recently, health bar + bodypart flag to make specific parts immune to damage seems like the most resource-efficient way to fix it.

so we have KO threshold which may be set in settings with visual representation and new type of flag (if it doesn't exist yet)
so u could use arms and legs for blocking , ey?! yea this is allready doable as well (xcept for the healthbar). would be nice sir, but id be fine with just less damage to limbs than to a (CLEAN as stated in my first post) body/headhit. yea soemwhat as it is allready. but more credible!<<<< thats all i want btw;)
It would be nice if the health bar wasn't as sensitive to damage as the point system. Most people tend to rage when you leech 8k points from an ankle.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Originally Posted by SparChar View Post
It would be nice if the health bar wasn't as sensitive to damage as the point system. Most people tend to rage when you leech 8k points from an ankle.

It's the same thing as kicking someone in the head with your ankle in aikido and your foot snaps and the opponent ends up with the most points from that kick...

So yes, there are some obvious glitches every here and there, and with a second-check on the damage most of it could HOPEFULLY be fixed; is it plausible that kicking someones head would deal you more damage than the opponent, if the answer is no, redo the calcs...

But that's another problem in itself that needs to be treated accordingly.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
It's the same thing as kicking someone in the head with your ankle in aikido and your foot snaps and the opponent ends up with the most points from that kick...

So yes, there are some obvious glitches every here and there, and with a second-check on the damage most of it could HOPEFULLY be fixed; is it plausible that kicking someones head would deal you more damage than the opponent, if the answer is no, redo the calcs...

But that's another problem in itself that needs to be treated accordingly.

It's an ankle though lel. imagine getting kicked in the ankle... doesn't that hurt a while?

But this whole idea i'm getting from this suggestion is just another fighter game. Similar mechanics but just the same values of an ordinary fighter game.
Toribash is never going to change like this, because I know the devs are not stupid enough to do this. This is like asking for Minecraft 2. Most of us know their wont be a Minecraft 2. Just updated versions of the original game. Just like Toribash.
Scribe pls c:
[OSHI] [Judo Organization] [Aether] [Team AikidoBigDojo] [PSN]
[3:50:35 PM] Sam: I'm a lyrical, cynical, rythmical demon.
Spittin out lines like I spit out hot semen.....
Taking a break...
iŽd say it is an ordinary fighting game, just the mechanics are awsome to the max. but making it even more of a fighting game would be nice imo. if there only was a way to avoid more damage to urselfe because u chose to create your own moves would make more of the whole thing. therefor a damagetimeout of a few frames could be cool for defining a clean hit. and an energy-bar would just shorten matches a little when someone runs out of- i think many in long qeues would like that one too.