Toribash
I do believe that you can create this 'friend' and talk to them in your mind, but, being able to let them control your body? nono. You're the one making this tulpa, so you're the one controlling it. Well, your brain is anyway.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Originally Posted by isaac View Post
Your imaginary friend thing at 10 sounds about the same as a tulpa. I find it odd you stopped though. Were the imaginary friends personally attatched to you? Or were they just characters in a fantasy world? How was it unhealthy?

I'm not lonely. I'm actually quite an introvert and usually I have a surplus of people I'm obligated to talk to. I feel drained if I talk to too many people for too long. A tulpa relationship is different from a human one though. We're more of the same person, or at least we share the same body, so it's different.

yes. the imaginary friends were at most times personal, but also displayed certain characteristics in their personality. at times i felt like they reflected specific people from the reality, though it weren't my intentions to do that. the 'schizophrenic' part kicked in when i started to develop their personalities. i wanted them to be unique, so it didn't feel like i was talking to myself. by the time i was about 13/14, i had become accustomed to each character. i could talk to them with little effort, though conversations would be generally short-lived.
when i got into high school i realized that i had spent too much time developing my character's personalities instead of my own. all the seclusion made it difficult for me to talk to people, since they weren't like me. and that's how i get to the unhealthy point. the number of my visits to 'the world' started to diminish, so i could focus on other things.
you say you're 18, so you must have created your character when you were 16/17. that's around the time when I stopped with my imaginary characters.

also, people's reactions to this discussion aren't surprising, but it would be nice if future posts could be productive or relevant to the topic.
Originally Posted by Rumour View Post
that would be you solving the math

what

"you're not the one moving it"

yeeeeeaaaaaaaa, uh, it is the actual person moving it

I don't think you quite get it brotha. Think of it like a placebo. Tp YOU it legitimately feels like a different person moving your body. You also don't put any effort into the math, the tulpa tells you the answer. I don't know exactly how it works, the brain is an amazing thing, but I feel it's probably similar to the placebo effect. In which case it's the end result that matters, not the process.

Originally Posted by Skylarrr View Post
I do believe that you can create this 'friend' and talk to them in your mind, but, being able to let them control your body? nono. You're the one making this tulpa, so you're the one controlling it. Well, your brain is anyway.

It works though. You'd have to experience it to truly understand maybe.

Originally Posted by MintCat View Post
yes. the imaginary friends were at most times personal, but also displayed certain characteristics in their personality. at times i felt like they reflected specific people from the reality, though it weren't my intentions to do that. the 'schizophrenic' part kicked in when i started to develop their personalities. i wanted them to be unique, so it didn't feel like i was talking to myself. by the time i was about 13/14, i had become accustomed to each character. i could talk to them with little effort, though conversations would be generally short-lived.
when i got into high school i realized that i had spent too much time developing my character's personalities instead of my own. all the seclusion made it difficult for me to talk to people, since they weren't like me. and that's how i get to the unhealthy point. the number of my visits to 'the world' started to diminish, so i could focus on other things.
you say you're 18, so you must have created your character when you were 16/17. that's around the time when I stopped with my imaginary characters.

also, people's reactions to this discussion aren't surprising, but it would be nice if future posts could be productive or relevant to the topic.

Yeah I was 17 when I started. It hasn't affected me negatively in any way so far but I didn't make her in order to avoid real people or anything. Just as a neat experiment of sorts.

I honestly didn't expect this much back lash. Having a tulpa for so long may have desensitized me lol. I prefer the harsh reactions as opposed to the thread being locked though.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Note: I don't particularly care if this is legitimate or not, but useless posts will be infracted from here on out. Even if I like you.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
We're not long distance anymore, but still far enough that we only meet once or twice a week. We sex almost every time we see each other.

can you never use "sex" as a verb, ever again
im here to ruin your fun
I have read this thread and kept thinking of a anime called chaos;head. The main character has a "imaginary" friend that helps him decide some things and what not.

The fact that your brain has the ability to create a person, and then give said person a personality is amazing. Though, the personality would most likely match with someone else you know. Is that the case for you, Isaac?

Also, does she match any features you look for? Or does she share some close features with a female you know/ have seen? Do you ever put thought into what she does? Or does it happen subconsciously?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by RAWWRH View Post
I have read this thread and kept thinking of a anime called chaos;head. The main character has a "imaginary" friend that helps him decide some things and what not.

The fact that your brain has the ability to create a person, and then give said person a personality is amazing. Though, the personality would most likely match with someone else you know. Is that the case for you, Isaac?

Also, does she match any features you look for? Or does she share some close features with a female you know/ have seen? Do you ever put thought into what she does? Or does it happen subconsciously?

I was going to mention Chaos;Head earlier but forgot. Yes it's pretty much exactly like Chaos;Head, but I think in Chaos;Head it was an unintended delusion.

You should try to make one . No, I don't think her personality is a copy of someone else I know. When I first made her, I just had the general feel of what her personality would be. She's changed a lot since I first made her, on her own.

She changed her form completely on her own one day, along with her name. Doesn't remind me of anyone in particular. I don't put thought into what she does, I just focus on her and I can see what's going on.

Originally Posted by Organs View Post
can you describe your imaginary friend or even draw it for us

I'd prefer the term tulpa, it's only the edgy mods that decided to edit my post and say imaginary friend.

I'm not an artist, so I'll describe her. She's blonde hair, fair skin, blue eyes. Don't know what else to describe..

As for her personality, she's really nice, and fun loving. She likes to try neat things like I do. So she usually encourages whatever I'm currently doing.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop

I'm not an artist, so I'll describe her. She's blonde hair, fair skin, blue eyes. Don't know what else to describe..

So she is a Nazi?

Being serious, I find this quite interesting. I had a imaginary friend when I was 8. He was created with the intent of relieving stress. The details are fuzzy but I created him with the image of a anime show.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]