Toribash
I mean I come here as a person that came to appreciate erthtkv2 with time, but I really don't understand the notion of replacing it with judofrac? We have 4 core mods that define what competitive is (ABD, BM, Lenshu, ErthTK), with replacing lenshu with rk depending on preference. I know there used to be a time when people would duel in judo, but it was less commonly played than tk in general.

Even if we do replace it with something like lowkido, which is just aikido with forced grav and timed dq for new players, we're making the modlist 1/2th aikido-based. SparkyTKD is an option, but it really didn't even gain enough momentum, it's a new mod like fearkido, but it came as fast as it went away.
My personal point here is that TK (with extension to ErthTK) has been one of the defining mods in toribash, and removing it because some people played 50 games and decided it sucks because they're not as good at it is just a bit weak of a point to make. See, there even was a time when people made a point to remove BM from any comp events, because it was broken and unfair. Yeah, sure, it was pretty much fixed in v5, but it still has as many rare occurences as it did before. Case and point, the difference of tori and uke is substantial in openers, or even that you can get different outcomes based on that.

Variety is needed in comp settings, and keeping around TK is the response to that. It'd be a shame if we let ErthTKv2 as a mod rot away like spiritwrestling.
Yeah I’m not gonna lie these dudes just do not understand the mod, its the most precise striking mod and they just try to fling their body parts around fully extended at their opponent and hope to do something. Erthtkv2 is a great mod and i will die on that hill. Skill issue :3
4PF
Originally Posted by melrose View Post
I mean I come here as a person that came to appreciate erthtkv2 with time, but I really don't understand the notion of replacing it with judofrac? We have 4 core mods that define what competitive is (ABD, BM, Lenshu, ErthTK), with replacing lenshu with rk depending on preference. I know there used to be a time when people would duel in judo, but it was less commonly played than tk in general.

Even if we do replace it with something like lowkido, which is just aikido with forced grav and timed dq for new players, we're making the modlist 1/2th aikido-based. SparkyTKD is an option, but it really didn't even gain enough momentum, it's a new mod like fearkido, but it came as fast as it went away.
My personal point here is that TK (with extension to ErthTK) has been one of the defining mods in toribash, and removing it because some people played 50 games and decided it sucks because they're not as good at it is just a bit weak of a point to make. See, there even was a time when people made a point to remove BM from any comp events, because it was broken and unfair. Yeah, sure, it was pretty much fixed in v5, but it still has as many rare occurences as it did before. Case and point, the difference of tori and uke is substantial in openers, or even that you can get different outcomes based on that.

Variety is needed in comp settings, and keeping around TK is the response to that. It'd be a shame if we let ErthTKv2 as a mod rot away like spiritwrestling.

I agree to TK being defining mod, so then let me extend an olive branch and request that it be refined and reworked cause the way it is now is insane.

Originally Posted by Thugs View Post
Yeah I’m not gonna lie these dudes just do not understand the mod, its the most precise striking mod and they just try to fling their body parts around fully extended at their opponent and hope to do something. Erthtkv2 is a great mod and i will die on that hill. Skill issue :3

I've played the mod quite a lot when it first release when organizations were a thing I tried to get into Team TK created by Erth. So I played a lot.
With that being said, I still believe that this mod has too many random things that happen. Regardless of how it is places to much of it is up to chance.
Last edited by Beta; Sep 8, 2023 at 03:32 AM.
Son of the Serpant
Originally Posted by wuuunder View Post
thats funny considering i slaughtered ur bitchass twice in erthtk bud and i had no idea what i was doing so u cant tell me it was a skill issue

eat dick

Hey! Lets not start insulting! We just want change!
Son of the Serpant
Originally Posted by Blastful View Post
Hey! Lets not start insulting! We just want change!

we won't changes. Now ranked perfect
Originally Posted by Egoist View Post
we won't changes. Now ranked perfect

Well, it's not. It will change!
Son of the Serpant
Originally Posted by Sora View Post
Skizzy got silenced for saying the truth

First, they try to oppress us.

We shall prevail.
Son of the Serpant