Toribash
congratz to deppy, his mod is now set on public wushu

#fl0wers setting trends

(ps: I still don't like dojos in wushu :P)
Last edited by William; Apr 29, 2015 at 09:18 PM.
Your messed up world enthrills me
YAY That's some gud shit ! probably gonna sit there during the evening :3

You'll loooove dojos willy, you will !
Last edited by deprav; Apr 30, 2015 at 04:45 PM.
Originally Posted by William View Post
congratz to deppy, his mod is now set on public wushu

#fl0wers setting trends

(ps: I still don't like dojos in wushu :P)

Originally Posted by deprav View Post
YAY That's some gud shit ! probably gonna sit there during the evening :3

You'll loooove dojos willy, you will !

Fortunately scorpio was open-minded about trying out something new for a while.

*As for dojos, i've heard suggestions about making it a box, rather than a dojo (worth testing, out of curiosity, if it will make any difference). One point that was raised through observation by someone, was that even though the dojo's relatively small, running tactics are still most effective - unless the cop is faster than the robber, so to speak (in which most cases, it is not - so frequent running is still present). Though i suppose in a mod like this, it really is mostly unavoidable. With this in mind, it might seem controversial to suggest trying to raise the dojo size to 900 (see replay for reason :>). There really seems to be no right or wrong way to handle this, i guess. Losers will be either ones who manage to get pushed out or who can't keep up, which itself is really a matter of practicing to avoid it.
*Concerns over the shins taking damage though, perhaps not to turn off the damage but to lower it even further (if the sole purpose is to avoid draw, then minimizing this damage as much as possible would be best imo, as you only need a 1 point difference). I wouldn't know how low exactly would be the optimum for this.

Though the mod still has plenty to prove before it gets set as default for a longer period of time, it's nice to see some change. ;> Right now there doesn't seem to be much wrong with it.
Also when testing, don't rely entirely on your experience or the experience of those who are already used to the wushu settings, they'll manage whatever conditions are thrown at them. Since your concern (i think) is to see how beginners adapt to this mod (in hopes of it becoming a public mod and usable for events), then your primary focus should be observing them and (mostly) only them, if you want any meaningful results.
Attached Files
Last edited by k6vamees; May 1, 2015 at 09:21 AM. Reason: added replay
But why's the rum gone? :v
Originally Posted by k6vamees View Post
Fortunately scorpio was open-minded about trying out something new for a while.

*As for dojos, i've heard suggestions about making it a box, rather than a dojo (worth testing, out of curiosity, if it will make any difference). One point that was raised through observation by someone, was that even though the dojo's relatively small, running tactics are still most effective - unless the cop is faster than the robber, so to speak (in which most cases, it is not - so frequent running is still present). Though i suppose in a mod like this, it really is mostly unavoidable. With this in mind, it might seem controversial to suggest trying to raise the dojo size to 900 (see replay for reason :>). There really seems to be no right or wrong way to handle this, i guess. Losers will be either ones who manage to get pushed out or who can't keep up, which itself is really a matter of practicing to avoid it.
*Concerns over the shins taking damage though, perhaps not to turn off the damage but to lower it even further (if the sole purpose is to avoid draw, then minimizing this damage as much as possible would be best imo, as you only need a 1 point difference). I wouldn't know how low exactly would be the optimum for this.

Though the mod still has plenty to prove before it gets set as default for a longer period of time, it's nice to see some change. ;> Right now there doesn't seem to be much wrong with it.
Also when testing, don't rely entirely on your experience or the experience of those who are already used to the wushu settings, they'll manage whatever conditions are thrown at them. Since your concern (i think) is to see how beginners adapt to this mod (in hopes of it becoming a public mod and usable for events), then your primary focus should be observing them and (mostly) only them, if you want any meaningful results.

Thanks for the feedback Ksex !

Concerning dojo, it can't remove running completely, it can only make it harder and more dangerous for the the runner, as he's not able to run in a straight line and it could get him pushed out of the dojo. To completely get rid of running we'd need the "First to X points wins" that's been suggested and discussed recently, or a dojo with a size of 350

About the box, not that I dislike it, but I think it's a different mod than wushu : the walls and ceiling act like a safety net, and you can still run away from the fight as much as you do with a dojo, if not more easily as you can push yourself away from walls, no need to stop your momentum to change direction, the wall does that for you. Also, what I like about dojos that you don't have with boxshu :
- failing to control your tori or appreciate the strenght of your movement/hit can get you punished/DQ'd
- skillful borderline saves
- pushing your opponent out

I do like boxshu tho, it should have it's own room, but I think it's been kinda "over-taken" by boxshu-mushu now, as it already has its own public room, people forgot about normal boxshu.

The idea about lowering shin damages even more does make sense ^^ I'll look into it, trying to bring it from a few hundred points to a few dozens, but they're already pretty daym low, I don't even know if getting them lower would have any effect. Like the head value is 100, shins are 5 ; I could bring it down to 1 and see what happens.

And I do watch how newer players adapt ^^ that's what I've been doing yesterday, I sat in public to play and watch other players
Last edited by deprav; May 1, 2015 at 06:06 PM.
you guys are well known and well respected. you getting removed too?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by neko View Post
you getting removed too?

yeah, should be pretty soon
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
nah he's not serious xD

The clan council said we were one of the most consistent clan in the active bracket.
Last edited by deprav; May 3, 2015 at 01:48 AM.
Originally Posted by William View Post
they lie they all LIEEE xD

it's called false security, you make your enemy feel like he is safe and then at some point when he is relaxed and does not feel in danger - you fuck him up really hard.

just like peace pact between ussr and germany
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15