Ranking
Probably the only thing bad in screwing up maths is your parents scold and ground you, it won't affect you in life imo, unless you want to take engineering in college.

Who needs math when you can madman xD
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
Originally Posted by xlr84life View Post
Probably the only thing bad in screwing up maths is your parents scold and ground you, it won't affect you in life imo, unless you want to take engineering in college.

Who needs math when you can madman xD

nah i worry more about the fact that i dont know jack shit of what im supposed to than the fact that my dad is gonna yell at me (and the fact that i might need a good grade in any of these subjects because i havent picked what to study in uni yet)

although im sure ill find a way to get a decent grade without doing anything like always
oh yeah
Which level of math? If you're fucking up with algebra, you're gonna be in for a rough time. If it's precalc/calculus, then you just need to study more. Calculus is the closest to abstract mathematics most people will ever be exposed to, and it requires a lot of time and energy to get used to it. And any major that doesn't specialize in, but is involved with, math should require up to calculus for the degree.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Which level of math? If you're fucking up with algebra, you're gonna be in for a rough time. If it's precalc/calculus, then you just need to study more. Calculus is the closest to abstract mathematics most people will ever be exposed to, and it requires a lot of time and energy to get used to it. And any major that doesn't specialize in, but is involved with, math should require up to calculus for the degree.

no idea what any of that means because english education terms, but whatever you do in sophomore hs
its not actually hard im just too lazy to do anything
oh yeah
Calculus can be some deadly shit, although for the most part, you just need to get your head around differentials and integrals. Matrices usually only make themselves relevant when you have a large number of equations with an equally large number of unknown variables, in which case you can use Mathcad to do matrix magic. :v

Can confirm that uni is almost impossible to just coast through without effort though, unless you already have a lot of knowledge about the class in question.

therefore try doodle

i'm going to be nice for once and save your screenspace

hurrah for crossposting!!
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
no idea what any of that means because english education terms, but whatever you do in sophomore hs
its not actually hard im just too lazy to do anything

You're probably doing algebra then. Pick up the pace m8, tripping here will be more problematic than it's worth.
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
You're probably doing algebra then. Pick up the pace m8, tripping here will be more problematic than it's worth.

actually, after 40 seconds of research on google, it seems like we barely just started calculus according to wikibooks or whatever

im not 11 anymoremom

although i cant tell with 100% accuracy if we are doing just straight up calculus or not im pretty sure we are not in algebra
Last edited by pusga; Jan 17, 2015 at 03:01 AM.
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
actually, after 40 seconds of research on google, it seems like we barely just started calculus according to wikibooks or whatever

im not 11 anymoremom

although i cant tell with 100% accuracy if we are doing just straight up calculus or not im pretty sure we are not in algebra

Then you're taking pre-calc. It doesn't go into abstracts like when x approaches infinity or when you get close to dividing by zero, but they should be teaching you the math which will enable you to perform integral calculus. Which then prepares you for the second part of calculus, who's name escapes me. Which should then prepare you for every clusterfuck of math that gets thrown at you. Oddly enough, some curriculums make you take algebra, then calculus, then discrete math, which is basically a fancy way of saying slightly more difficult algebra.

It's fucking stupid.