Toribash
Originally Posted by xtwistedx View Post
The Beatles = Overated They had John Lennon and Paul to nullify that.

Jonas Brothers = Spawn of satan Thank you, sir, but they are for the kids, mind you.

Rolling Stones = Only good when high... only got popular when people got high... Also overrated.

Guns N' Roses = Famous because of slash... Guns N' Roses - Slash = Garbage I think the only one that was garbage from that band was Axl. He's a prick mind you.

Led Zeppelin = Another "Drug Famous" group When you are as talented as Zeppelin, like as Bonham and Plant, you can get by with that. There were sooooo many drug-famous bands back then, can't think of a band who wasn't. Very challenging....

Deep Purple = Washed up got lucky pioneer of alot of music I blame Smoke on the Water.

Pink Floyd = Overated "Drug Famous" band I've never heard a band that has ever sounded like them. I think they had a right to be.

As for the others you have mentioned...I kind of agree.

Hannah Montana makes all these guys look good: Not at all true. She's corporate commercial pop throw up.

Nicely said.
Last edited by Drummer; Apr 4, 2009 at 07:05 PM.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
Originally Posted by H4rl3quin View Post
Needs repeating, as those still posting have clearly not watched this.

Whatever you do dont post that again!!
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
The thing is, you guys list all these famous bands, and clearly they are actually good. Why? Because that's how they became famous. You might not like them, but they are still quality bands because they appeal to their target listeners.
Originally Posted by hidingwarior View Post
The thing is, you guys list all these famous bands, and clearly they are actually good. Why? Because that's how they became famous. You might not like them, but they are still quality bands because they appeal to their target listeners.

well if you think about it like that then all bands are good if they have any fans at all because one example is Nickelback. i hate them but they do have a large fan base if they're still together. at the same time someone may dislike the bands we like but we still think that they are good.
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
Originally Posted by iwillkillu View Post
i love michael jackson

I bet he loves you, too.

Originally Posted by randomguy8 View Post
well if you think about it like that then all bands are good if they have any fans at all because one example is Nickelback. i hate them but they do have a large fan base if they're still together. at the same time someone may dislike the bands we like but we still think that they are good.

Damn right. Even if you hate a band, you had better respect the talent that they hold as musicians. Nickelback does not suck as musicians, either.
Last edited by Drummer; Apr 6, 2009 at 05:09 AM.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
I, for one, love Nickelback. I just listened to a few songs again the other day. I was surprised at how raw they sounded. They don''t try to be new or wacky or super inventive. They're just regular rock, which is what I like about them.
The slow songs aren't as good as the fast ones like Animals or Fight For All The Wrong Reasons, which sucks, cos they're mainly the ones you hear on the radio.

Now as for the worst band...I'm putting Dragonforce up there. Their sound is almost entirely studio made, there's absolutely no technique to the guitar playing (it's just fast, that's it) and the lyrics sound like they just pulled a few phrases from fantasy books and rearranged them for each song. Plus they suck beyond belief live.

I haven't even bothered to listen to the Jonas Brothers. Never want to, either.
Same goes for Hannah Montana.

As for someone saying that without the Ramones, there wouldn't be punk, you are wrong, sir. Punk originated from The Clash and The Sex Pistols.
infamous
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
I, for one, love Nickelback. I just listened to a few songs again the other day. I was surprised at how raw they sounded. They don''t try to be new or wacky or super inventive. They're just regular rock, which is what I like about them.
The slow songs aren't as good as the fast ones like Animals or Fight For All The Wrong Reasons, which sucks, cos they're mainly the ones you hear on the radio.

Now as for the worst band...I'm putting Dragonforce up there. Their sound is almost entirely studio made, there's absolutely no technique to the guitar playing (it's just fast, that's it) and the lyrics sound like they just pulled a few phrases from fantasy books and rearranged them for each song. Plus they suck beyond belief live.

I haven't even bothered to listen to the Jonas Brothers. Never want to, either.
Same goes for Hannah Montana.

As for someone saying that without the Ramones, there wouldn't be punk, you are wrong, sir. Punk originated from The Clash and The Sex Pistols.

Nickelback is, unfortunately, what our culture knows as "regular rock". Let me tell you something. There was a time when Queen was "Regular Rock". Would you try to compare Nickelback to Queen? No.

And on your second point, you, sir, are wrong. Punk as we know would not exist without the Ramones, as their eponymous debut album predated those of both the Clash and the Sex Pistols. They are widely regarded as the first true Punk Rock band, having formed in 1974. Nice job.
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post

They really are a raw rock band. Fuck anyone who calls them pop-rock. They are too heavy to be called pop. They are great musicians, too, my god.

Animals is good, but really, there are much better Nickelback songs, like Savin' Me, Never Again, Someday, How You Remind Me, and Woke Up This Morning.

Pop rock is a terrible genre to label these guys as. Seriously. Pop does not sound like Nickelback, AT ALL.

Originally Posted by SporeCc View Post
Nickelback is, unfortunately, what our culture knows as "regular rock". Let me tell you something. There was a time when Queen was "Regular Rock". Would you try to compare Nickelback to Queen? No.

Unfortunately? I guess you expect the music industry to apologize to you for making Nickelback famous, I guess. They pretty much are regular rock anyways. Times have changed. Everyone knows how much different music is today, it's crazy.
Last edited by Drummer; Apr 6, 2009 at 05:18 AM.
Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
They really are a stupid, commercial, waste-of-space rock band. Fuck anyone who calls them pop-rock. They are too heavy to be called pop. They are great musicians, too, my god.

Animals is good, but really, there are much better Nickelback songs, like Savin' Me, Never Again, Someday, How You Remind Me, and Woke Up This Morning.

Pop rock is a terrible genre to label these guys as. Seriously. Pop does not sound like Nickelback, AT ALL.

I agree.

And that's not true. Compare Nickelback to another pop-rock band like OAR, Rascall Flats, or even Paramore. In fact, Nickelback is like Paramore with a male vocalist.

They are the definition of "pop-rock", Drummer. That is, commercial "rock" that is only around to produce a series of similar hits and then disappear in a few years. That's the truth. Watch.