Toribash
It's been a long time, but here's something new by me :)

[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
learn some music theory or else your melodies sound kind of rubbish. I like the basses, they are very phat :)

one problem though, you need better names for your songs. something silly or creative that captures attention

if you use FL we could collab
Originally Posted by SlyBash View Post
I like the basses, they are very phat :)

^that.
anyways, I love this song! At the middle of it forgot that I was supposed to review it xD
You are quite talented at this. Keep the good work going!
art board mods: if they dont understand it its not cnc
one problem though, you need better names for your songs. something silly or creative that captures attention

The name is pretty silly already, wouldn't you say?
learn some music theory or else your melodies sound kind of rubbish. I like the basses, they are very phat

His melodies are fine. In fact they are quite neat.
What you need to work on really is those drums. They are way to cut, your kick has punch but power. It needs a bit of tail so it hits your subs and you feel it.
The snare needs work too, it's way to quiet and doesn't cut through your mix at all. Try boosting around 200hz and 75khz to get some punch if snap. Compress with an attack at around 3.00ms and threshold at around -15.00 along wit ha ration around 2.0:1.
Adjust the release and gain according to your snare.
Make sure to bus all the drums so a send so you can make them fit and work together as well.

Other than that, great job.
learn some music theory or else your melodies sound kind of rubbish. I like the basses, they are very phat

like "death & rainbows" made by "The S"

love the fact you read it as "the ass"
Originally Posted by Doxxy View Post
His melodies are fine. In fact they are quite neat.
What you need to work on really is those drums. They are way to cut, your kick has punch but power. It needs a bit of tail so it hits your subs and you feel it.
The snare needs work too, it's way to quiet and doesn't cut through your mix at all. Try boosting around 200hz and 75khz to get some punch if snap. Compress with an attack at around 3.00ms and threshold at around -15.00 along wit ha ration around 2.0:1.
Adjust the release and gain according to your snare.
Make sure to bus all the drums so a send so you can make them fit and work together as well.

Other than that, great job.

I hate eq'ing the snare, I can never make it sound as pro as someone like, say, Feed Me. I like adding a good amount of high end and reverberating those frequencies which, for the most part, cuts through the murkier frequencies of the bass. However, when adding a punch in the 200-250hz regions I often find that it can drown out the bass a bit. I can never find the balance :(
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
I hate eq'ing the snare, I can never make it sound as pro as someone like, say, Feed Me. I like adding a good amount of high end and reverberating those frequencies which, for the most part, cuts through the murkier frequencies of the bass. However, when adding a punch in the 200-250hz regions I often find that it can drown out the bass a bit. I can never find the balance

This is why you have to ed everything. And sidechain the snare as you do the kick as well.
If your snare is going head to head with your bass, then you need to cut out the lows on the snare, usually cutting off just below where you boost in the 200 range is good. Like lets say i boosted at 211hz. I would use a low pass in the parametric eq and cut it off at around 180 or so.

Here is a great eqing tut, you should check it out: http://www.dnbscene.com/article/88-t...-eq-tutorial/1

Also if you need some good kick and snare samples, i have a few if you're interested. Just pm me.
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
It's been a long time, but here's something new by me
-snip-

Nice mate! Adding to what's already been said, I would say see if you can add even more creativity to those drums. Seems to me that every hit, kick, and snare are about the same velocity. Adding ghost hits, trills, and a more interesting beat would make a huge difference!

Sweet, I use fruity loops too. I listened to some of your tracks on bandcamp, pretty sick mate! If you use massive by chance, I'd love to share some of the presets I have made.
<Crooked> I'd say spartan, cause if he's tough enough to digest ungodly amounts of alcohol he clearly has the best body