Ranking
It depends on how much you care and if you are trying to create a seamless texture. but i know under creating a replay and viewing a replay, the chest and knees texture behaves differently. perhaps others also.
Originally Posted by 13chillz View Post
It depends on how much you care and if you are trying to create a seamless texture. but i know under creating a replay and viewing a replay, the chest and knees texture behaves differently. perhaps others also.

Uncertain what you mean by different behavior but yeah, making them seamless is really going to be a pain. Not sure I'll push it that far.

Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
I'm talking about the monoeye

Okay. I'm still not quite clear on what you meant by rough and ending suddenly but I was planning on messing with it a bit anyway.

-----------------------------

I've been pretty busy lately with work (in fact I'm just about to leave) but I've continued working on the torso a bit. Started by making some new templates for the torso textures (not the joints, 13chillz's joint textures are excellent) that show the overlap area from the joints, and will probably post those separately later since I couldn't find any existing ones.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Templates for the actual body textures? 4edrick made some ones that are spot on and are pretty awesome as far as i can tell. I think nblx's tutorial has a link to the page they are on inside the ussr clan board.

Edit. These are what i used to build my own.
http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...postcount=1674
Last edited by 13chillz; Apr 16, 2014 at 05:06 PM.
not sure if nblx was still using this one, but i still use this one to make torso stuff.
simple enough for me to understand, might be usefull for atleast sketching things out
Last edited by BenDover; Apr 16, 2014 at 07:53 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
On the elbow there is some weird curvy and pointy lines there, But I really like this set.
Dispute defeated Moop on Dec 16, 2016.
Originally Posted by Night View Post
The visor is just very good !

but maybe will be better, if you add some "extra detail" but looks pretty good !

I don't like the "There's blank space, better fill it with details!" philosophy. Good design is as much about good use of negative space as it is good detail placement.

Originally Posted by Dispute View Post
On the elbow there is some weird curvy and pointy lines there, But I really like this set.

Yeah, that's likely due to the weird sphere mapping that Toribash does. Since Toribash doesn't have perfect spheres, the mapping on the tops of spheres (i.e. the top of the head, shoulders and elbows) gets really wonky and nigh impossible to do a clean line. On heads this isn't a major issue since you can just avoid putting anything there, but on shoulders and elbows it's a bit annoying since that's an area where you sort of have to have something.

----------------------

Didn't have access to my files this weekend so I didn't get much done, but my next steps will probably be to finish the torso and then go back and do another pass on the arms.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
I don't like the "There's blank space, better fill it with details!" philosophy. Good design is as much about good use of negative space as it is good detail placement.

yay

anyway, everything looks really great so far

only thing that bothers me is the line on the top of the right shoulder

this thing

but that can't be helped (fucking sphere texturing, aaaaaaaaaa).

can't wait to see this finished, I'm sure it'll be beautiful
beware
the goblin