Endurance Onslaught 6.0
"one, you should take away the mindset that a "boring" playstyle should be changed in order to make the mod more competitive.

I'm not trying to make it less boring in order to make it more "competitive", I'm doing it in order to make it more attractive. For a mod to be competitive it sure has to be fair, with a minimum amount of randomness and with a meta suitable for competition, but it also has to be enjoyable and attractive enough to be played by people willing to compete in it. Why do you think striking mods never got to be recognized for competitive purpose or duels and aikido/abd still owns the place ? Because actual striking mods in competitive settings are shiet, their competitive gameplay and what is required from the player to win is poor and boring.
People don't start something because "it's competitive and I can win", they start something because it's enjoyable and attractive, and eventually if they get good enough they'll try to compete in it.

if wushu is based around "crab"-style comebacks and waiting for your opponent, that's just what it is.

That's how it developped around aikido's point system yes. That doesn't mean it became what it should have become. And that's why I'm making those new Striking_LG/MG/HG mods, so I don't have to deal with "But that's not wushu" , "But wushu is based around crab style so if crab style isn't viable anymore it's not wushu". So yeah, it's not wushu, even wushu_2015 is not wushu if you want. It's a more interesting mod with a deeper gameplay and a point system made for striking mods.

"I'd be willing to bet that odlov would win 10x more in wushu_2015 than any other wushu mod, not because the point system, layout, or mod in general is better; but because this mod favors defensive plays."

I explained in my previous post precisely how it doesn't favor defensive playstyle, and even how it makes it less reliable.

explaination

Which means you can play more aggressively against someone playing very defensive and you'll have less trouble to "close the gap" and keep fighting. You CAN play very defensively, but you can't score decent points from it, in opposition to previous point system in which you can play defensively and get shitload of points for it.
And Odlov is actually terrible in wushu_2015. For the one clan match we played against Alpha, the few 3 or 4 rounds we had in wushu_2015 got Odlov rekt. Until we got ourselves rekt in lenshu3ng if I remember well.

"waiting for the other player to comeback is totally viable in this mod because if they come at you, you can just throw your limbs in the most defensive position and take little to no damage"

Yes, but if you do that, you can't score for shiet, you'll open your side and give your opponent an opportunity to have a better attack on the next turn.

"wushu players complained about running, so someone put in a dojo
then they complained about not having enough freeplay space
then they complained about the point system because they didn't know how to block"

I put the dojo and I put the new point system, it's not wushu players in general, it's me. I'm actually kinda forcing those changes uppon wushu to make it evolve toward something more interesting and with a deeper gameplay than crabbasket.tbm. Because yes, every community just knows how to complain about what's wrong but never does anything about it.

If you guys hope to make a more interesting competitive scene by using 5+ years old wonky mods that never evolved with the new features of the game which appeared along those years, it's just bound to fail. Don't know what you think you're doing besides recycling the same old mods stuck in time, people will still have the same issues, it will still be boring as shiet and in the end we'll all be at the same place, wondering why toribash competitive scene doesn't work.

Anyway, I wish you all good luck with your reform but I guess the official toribash competitive scene isn't for me. We'll make our striking org, with our own striking mods, and our own leagues and tournaments, we'll have our own competitive fun with mods that have an interesting gameplay, and we won't bother anyone. Anyone is free to join ofc.
Last edited by deprav; Jul 23, 2015 at 08:48 PM.
I'm sorry killer I didn't know that. I understand better now, and feel free to change my opinion from yes to no on boxshu.

Makes sense.

I too like RK-MMA, I prefer lenshu3ng more but that's more or less because of my own shortcomings as a player. Balance wise I've experienced them be pretty even in consistency.
Originally Posted by killer3366 View Post
i'd rather we went back to brushu and used that for our wushu striking mod, most people were happy back then . it is easy to run in however every wushu mod that isn't sacrificing freedom is, including all the box/ring variations. if a player can get point advantage he's good enough to run inside a ring/box. it's an evil we have to live with.

ah well, i certainly don't mind returning back to the roots

me, inoob, fatulbrown and zero started the mushu dueling trend mainly because of the "luck" aspect.
they are mainly aikido duelers while i was a non-grab dueler. this mod leveled the playing field for everyone. the matches being "consistent" simply isn't true, unless you're vsing someone with barely any toribash knowledge.

here goes some insight, which i hope will clear the situation on mushu being considered as competative mod
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
i'd rather we went back to brushu and used that for our wushu striking mod, most people were happy back then . it is easy to run in however every wushu mod that isn't sacrificing freedom is, including all the box/ring variations. if a player can get point advantage he's good enough to run inside a ring/box. it's an evil we have to live with.

People were happy because it wasn't played competitively. Brushu was mostly played in public rooms to have awesome long wushu fights without winning bein as much as a concern as in competitive plays.

I disagree with running being as easy in wushu variations with a dojo, that's not an objective statement. You sure still can run with a dojo, but :
1) you can't run in a straight line, you have to stop your momentum in order to change direction not to go outside the dojo, making it easier for the chaser to catch up.
2) running with a dojo will obviously get you closer from the edge of the ring, putting you in a dangerous situation in which your opponent has the possibility to push you out.
3) borderlin saves are awesome sauce.
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
there is a difference between competition and what people want to see.

so damn true.

About the larger list of mod, i'm curious of how you guys are going to make it. The system and the big list of mods wouldn't make sense if a clan can war on just one mod everytime, or in other words can choose freely the mod they want to war. That will be the same as it is right now. So the thing is to make them war on every mod, right? and one of the ways i see the list could work, is to make a requirement to be ranked, that a clan should war on all the mods in the list to be qualified on the ranks. Maintain more or less the same amount of wars done on each mod, a maximum difference of, for example, 4 wars. That will make them to constantly keep the variety of the mods and have a real rank based on the mod-list, not just one.
But then if it's a big list of mods, i feel like it will be hard for the clans to maintain a constant balance. Like a bit unnecessary work to keep themselves on the ranks. Maybe if you guys could select the most famous and really competitive mods limited by maybe 5 of them, being as the extra official best competitive mods, i think it could be better and more chill to follow, cuz at the end everything reduced that actually it's only a game to have fun.
Originally Posted by deprav View Post
People were happy because it wasn't played competitively. Brushu was mostly played in public rooms to have awesome long wushu fights without winning bein as much as a concern as in competitive plays.

let's not forget there was an ultimate wushu room for 3rd dan up. There was an actual "community" of active/experienced wushu players. if you enter public room now, you get low belts 90 percent of the time.
-----
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
i
well, there is a difference between competition and what people want to see. sure, people want to see skillful matches between masterful players, but if these masterful players are being beaten by running or shoveling in a competitive scene, then it's on them to figure out how to match the competition. that being said, we're doing the best that we can to remove all of those cheesy tactics and mods with this mod discussion. while we're looking for the most competitive mods, we are looking for a larger mod list than the clan league provides, and is the entire reason this discussion thread was created.

you're right, but the problem with aikido is that is CAN be heavily based on the opener.

You try and play fair during the first turn, and you just get fucked. if we're playing first to 10 it's not a problem since you can adjust and figure out what to do..but when you're playing best of 3..it is a problem.
Last edited by William; Jul 23, 2015 at 10:14 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Your messed up world enthrills me
Also,

"wushu_2015 isn't on the list specifically because of it's point system (the reasons the others were on there were because of high playcount and to see which of those the wushu community would approve of)"

&

"[...]
for wushu players, they may enjoy it but it has too many flaws to be taken seriously. (also not mentioning any of these other mods your talking about because I haven't looked at them) "

Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
Discussion in this thread must pertain to the announcement in Clan Discussion and either the mod-list or the competitive platform itself. Feel free to discuss any of the following:
  • Mods that should be on the list & why.

But why not putting it/them on the vote list tho ? It's a vote afterall, if people agree with you and don't want to see those mods in the list they won't vote for it/them and so be it.
But I don't see why there shouldn't be an entry for those mods. The OP asks the community which mods should be put up to a vote, vote submitted to the community. I nominated mods that me and some other players judge up to the job and explained why they should be on the vote list, and it's being refused because a GM decides it doesn't suit his/her tastes ? Ain't that kind of wrong ?

I mean, if you're going to post a thread on the public discussion board and ask the community what they want, you can't ignore the suggestions of active community members and propose a vote missing half the mods people of the community actually suggested.

so how about you put 'em mods on that list and let everyone decide ?

striking_lg_beta2.tbm
striking_mg_beta3.tbm
striking_hg_beta6.tbm
wushu_2015.tbm
aikido7.tbm
swfixed.tbm
Tippy01.tbm

Survey has been up for 4 days, ends in 3 days. Misses all the mods people suggested on the thread asking for people to suggest mods for the survey. pls.
If you want your survey to mean something, you can even restart it once you've put all the mods the community suggested.
Last edited by deprav; Jul 24, 2015 at 04:18 AM.
Originally Posted by deprav View Post
And Odlov is actually terrible in wushu_2015. For the one clan match we played against Alpha, the few 3 or 4 rounds we had in wushu_2015 got Odlov rekt.

:|

I'm not terrible in any wushu-like mod.

Anyhow, I think I fancy wushu3box the most. Marshu_2015 as well, but that wasn't in the poll (and it's a tad limiting space-wise). For low-gravity mods I like walls a lot more than a dojo. It's still harder to run in lenshu3ng than in either of the above mods (due to higher gravity), but I find lenshu less fun.
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
:|

I'm not terrible in any wushu-like mod.

Well yeah, it was a poor choice of words. Ofc You're not terrible but you performed poorly when we played that mod during the clan-war.
Last edited by deprav; Jul 24, 2015 at 03:37 AM.
Idk if this has bean suggested here yet ot now but i suggest a ranking system that resets every year.
With some hefty prize for number 1
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals