Toribash
Original Post
Ranking Rewards
Ranks where reset today and here are some updates.

Ranking rewards:
#1 globally ranked player at 23.30 CET will receive 2000 TC * day of the month.

Example:
5th of August the reward is 10,000 TC (2,000 TC * 5).
31 of August the reward is 62,000 TC (2,000 TC * 31).

Total amount of TC payed out in August will be 992,000.

Tournament1 to Tournament15 are ranked servers with various mods.

Ranked Black belt servers:
/join ranked2 - Judofrac
/join ranked3 - Lenshu3ng
/join ranked4 - ABD
/join ranked5 - ErthTK
/join ranked6 - Greykido

The GMs and admins will and can experiment with the server setup during the month.

A handy ingame command that list the current top ranked players and their ELO:
/ranking global

View global ranking on the forum:
http://forum.toribash.com/tori_ranking.php?modname=

[Progress 4th Aug]
jack9918 and Zalf have both been on top for the first 4 days.

Zalf has played 116 games as #1
jack9918 has played 141 games as #1

We are keeping track for Elo ranges for future restrictions.
+-----------+---------+
| EloRange | Players |
+-----------+---------+
| 1570-1580 | 3 |
| 1580-1590 | 50 |
| 1590-1600 | 2190 |
| 1600-1610 | 889 |
| 1610-1620 | 54 |
| 1620-1630 | 20 |
| 1630-1640 | 16 |
| 1640-1650 | 8 |
| 1650-1660 | 1 |
| 1660-1670 | 1 |
| 1670+ | 2 |
Last edited by hampa; Aug 4, 2015 at 02:29 PM.
Originally Posted by Biaker View Post
It could be better to just make some instant rewards for reaching top5/10/100 etc.
For now you have probably no chance of winning if you're not very experienced player AND cant spend 12 hours playing tb every day.

This.^

Originally Posted by hampa View Post
There will be both.

Would've preferred just the end of the month tourney. Possibly smaller scale ones for each official mod. Just seems like the way to go. Not all players play lenshu, not everyone plays tk, not everyone plays judo. I just think people should be rewarded for being able to specialize as much as being able to go out of your way and learn a thing or two in each mod.

Originally Posted by hampa View Post
I want to check how much the tourneys payout first before adding them back.
-----

No, just global #1

This is just basically filtering the TC to a certain amount of people with absolutely no guilt in using cheap moves instead of actually having fun. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It just seems all kinda desperate to an extent.

You're basically being encouraged to shovel, lift and do anything to win even if it takes out the fun in the game.

I just think if you guys are actually trying to make TB an Esport, you need to cater to more than just one audience, in this case, the elites, the higher ups, the oldies. While, yes, this encourages people to get better and shit. This just discourages the new guys in even trying to take part in it. Thinking "I have no shot at this. I'm a total noob versus those black belts."

Since you're going for rankings and shit anyway, why not copy League of Legends's current system? It seems pretty solid. Probably hard to code yes, but it's the best thing we can have given what it seems like you're trying to do.

Great tier and elo system, a pretty fine season reset, and the rush of ranking up from tier to tier.

Originally Posted by Onsola View Post
let the shovel/rush/skeet games begin!

^ Again, this.

People appreciate the effort being put into this Hamperinos, just seems like it caters to the older, elite and arguably cheaper audience.
-----
Edit: TB needs a coding team. A recruitment for that would be nice.
Last edited by CloudFair3; Aug 1, 2015 at 07:07 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Can you add boxshu_mushu_v3.tbm?
Kyure Moderated Message:
Make sure you explain why you like the movies!
But..But..It was scary ;-;
Originally Posted by ZephAxix View Post
Can you add boxshu_mushu_v3.tbm?

Well there is a tourney so go there but i still want a ranked server about boxshu
the price raising thing is very good since getting to rank 1 is much easier in the beginning of the month, and getting harder, harder and harder with each day