Toribash
Originally Posted by Toffee View Post
Gonna aaaalso mention that it's probably a hypocritical thing to say if you're not organizing action and building networks of resistance yourself. If everyone sits around expressing annoyance at how little everyone is actually doing... well you know.

we both know the fact that i do more than you and all of your friends combined;p
the fame monster
dancing with my dogs past my bedtime
Originally Posted by kani View Post
we both know the fact that i do more than you and all of your friends combined;p

I don't know anyone highly active in these kinds of communities who would say anything like this. Bragging online for clout is kind of the antithesis of the values endemic to those motivated to organize and perform direct action and the like.
<Hush> the beat feature sounds like the main event at a circle jerk festival
I don't know anyone highly active in these kinds of communities who would say anything like this. Bragging online for clout is kind of the antithesis of the values endemic to those motivated to organize and perform direct action and the like.

Admonishing people in a condescending tone for bragging online is a bigger sin than bragging online.
🫷🦚🫸

+you cant even sit with us
the fame monster
dancing with my dogs past my bedtime
it would be a damn shame if this thread meant to spread awareness about the situation of a country and its people was taken over by someone who lives in a country that allows them to live lavishly mostly free of oppression and they chose to spend their time arguing with people in a way that makes them look smarter than they actually are on a dead videogame's forum that they don't even play
-----
https://www.savethechildren.org/us/where-we-work/venezuela#:~:text=Support%20Save%20the%20Children' s%20mission,the%20world%2C%20survive%20and%20thriv e.&text=Join%20Team%20Tomorrow%20and%20your,by%20t oday's%20most%20urgent%20issues.

https://www.worldvision.org/disaster...a-crisis-facts

https://www.rescue.org/country/venezuela

i did not do deep research on any of these charities so please do your own research before donating just in case of course
Last edited by emogirl; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:00 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Unfortunately the vast majority of NGOs are garbage. They exist mostly to line to pockets of the founders.

For instance.... worldvision is a Christian evangelist organization which serves to create a gross relationship and power dynamic between a child in a poor country and a wealthy 'sponsor'. The children do not benefit from this relationship beyond the direct donations that may or not make it into their hands.

The founder of the IRC (third link) is rich because of his "NGO" and so are all of his friends. The executive salaries for savethechildren are upwards of half a million USD per year.

Donating to established charities is hardly ever going to have the desired positive impact. Just a PSA.

On that note: Alejandro, would passing money straight to you benefit you and your community in any meaningful way?
Last edited by Toffee; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:37 PM.
<Hush> the beat feature sounds like the main event at a circle jerk festival
obviously it would be smarter to just send money straight to alejandro if he's comfortable with it

i went to the water and stared at the horizon and thought about the suffering people of this world and i fell to me knees
After changing my address in Paypal so I can't be tracked, sure, as I've said me personally am fine but I know plenty of people who would benefit and I am able to do the absolute HELL that is doing a money conversion in Venezuela and give it to at least a couple friends I know need it more than me.

All ONGs are trash and for self-benefit, I am not ashamed in sharing only my paypal for this, as this information has been known by those interested in my sets I do not feel I'm revealing too much.

Here it is in case anyone wants to donate.

As things have calmed down now I could probably make a follow-up post detailing everything going on so far, but I have to get bureaucratic as it's nothing in the streets, mostly cryptic politics and foreign dialogues, as well as a couple sprinkled cases of literal live streams of illegal break-ins by masked men claiming to be police who were sent to the houses of minor opposition representatives like Koddy Campos and María Oropeza.

And also the continued torture, abuse of multiple natures, and illegal imprisonment and detention of thousands of peaceful protesters.