Toribash
Recruitment for Apex: Application 2
Hey Apex,
My name is Jack (username: Jacko1222) and I am a 15 year old boy living in the north of England. When I am older, I would like to become a computer scientist and perhaps code games, so studying and working out how this game ticks is what I class as fun. I respect my education, and have a thirst to learn, whether it be educationally, morally or indeed strategically in Toribash.

I am currently a black belt, preferring more point-based game modes as Aikido (Big Dojo), Judo, or Twinswords. These games give me a target to achieve, and have finishing posts set in stone, rather than being strictly visual. I have always found the Apex clan to be an inspiration and a status symbol. Since soon after I started playing Toribash, I have looked up to Apex, and have wished to be part of such a prestigious group. It would be a honour to fight alongside very skilled Toribashers and my thirst to learn will allow me to learn skills and win TC along the way!

Because I lack the social skills of most people my age, I find Toribash to be relaxing outlet for me. It's my passion, and Apex status purely adds to that.

(However, please note that, due to my age, studies will come first and so I may be unable to compete at times which I have serious exams (such as GCSE's). However, I find time most days, whether it be 10 minutes, or hours, to play the game, so this won't be a constant issue.)

Thanks for reading my application!

Jacko1222
Originally Posted by MindStorm View Post
@Noviix : Yes from me. You're active and a good fighter ingame. Are you an alt though?

Technically yes considering this isn't the account I started on but this one is the ONLY one I play on since I have made it. This one is also a higher belt and the other one hasn't been touched for about a year.

KARTKNEE joined September 2013 (I think.) - Technical Main - Don't play on.
Noviix joined November 2013. - Technical Alt - Only one I play on.

^ Hope that breaks it down. ^
Originally Posted by Jacko1222 View Post
Hey Apex,
My name is Jack (username: Jacko1222) and I am a 15 year old boy living in the north of England. When I am older, I would like to become a computer scientist and perhaps code games, so studying and working out how this game ticks is what I class as fun. I respect my education, and have a thirst to learn, whether it be educationally, morally or indeed strategically in Toribash.

I am currently a black belt, preferring more point-based game modes as Aikido (Big Dojo), Judo, or Twinswords. These games give me a target to achieve, and have finishing posts set in stone, rather than being strictly visual. I have always found the Apex clan to be an inspiration and a status symbol. Since soon after I started playing Toribash, I have looked up to Apex, and have wished to be part of such a prestigious group. It would be a honour to fight alongside very skilled Toribashers and my thirst to learn will allow me to learn skills and win TC along the way!

Because I lack the social skills of most people my age, I find Toribash to be relaxing outlet for me. It's my passion, and Apex status purely adds to that.

(However, please note that, due to my age, studies will come first and so I may be unable to compete at times which I have serious exams (such as GCSE's). However, I find time most days, whether it be 10 minutes, or hours, to play the game, so this won't be a constant issue.)

Jacko1222

Yes!!! You actually put effort into your application!
Frogs never die.
No more people in my sig.
Hey Apex,

Jacko1222

Yes. Nice re-write of your application. It shows commitment.
-----
Originally Posted by Noviix View Post
Technically yes considering this isn't the account I started on but this one is the ONLY one I play on since I have made it. This one is also a higher belt and the other one hasn't been touched for about a year.

KARTKNEE joined September 2013 (I think.) - Technical Main - Don't play on.
Noviix joined November 2013. - Technical Alt - Only one I play on.

^ Hope that breaks it down. ^

Thanks. That makes sense then.
Last edited by MindStorm; Sep 6, 2015 at 08:47 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
_________________.( MindStorm )._________________
I'm the leader of this pretty cool clan called Apex.
IRC is love, IRC is life. Hit me up on the #Apex channel!
Wanna help feed my ego? Join my fan club!
Are you awesome? Apply for Apex.
Thank you for reading my application
Originally Posted by MindStorm View Post
You have a good rank and nice belt. Your win/loss isn't that great but I'll assume thats because this is your main account. Your grammar needs some fixing though, specifically you need to add caps before your sentences. Go back and fix that and it would be a yes from me. I don't know what Nut's vote is but he will probably want to test you ingame.

Low belt is a big downside to me. You talk about mods like "Semipro Aikido" and it tells me your not ready for the big leagues. No from me. Also all you did was talk about your real life. I said it in the freeform application that I don't care at all about your real life situation so that was extremely unnecessary.

<nova> I have been plying toribash since it came out i was once an elite belt.But im starting my journey all over again learing new stuff along the way.Iv won multiple tourneys my recent clan kicked me for killing the leader in a fair fight. I get a little salty if something dqs me even tho i didnt go out of the ring or touch the ground.I am very skilled multiple people refer to me as tht grapple master butr u can call me by real name if u want Silas and i think this will be a great oppurtunity to work with u gu
[13:37] <nova> ys and have fun along the way.I just hope tht u accept me into your band of brothers and sisters. Thank you for reading my application
Hey Apex,

Jacko1222

Im voting yes too.
Not a native english speaker
Originally Posted by novaminion View Post
<nova> I have been plying toribash since it came out i was once an elite belt.But im starting my journey all over again learing new stuff along the way.Iv won multiple tourneys my recent clan kicked me for killing the leader in a fair fight. I get a little salty if something dqs me even tho i didnt go out of the ring or touch the ground.I am very skilled multiple people refer to me as tht grapple master butr u can call me by real name if u want Silas and i think this will be a great oppurtunity to work with u gu
[13:37] <nova> ys and have fun along the way.I just hope tht u accept me into your band of brothers and sisters. Thank you for reading my application

I'm gonna vote no
Frogs never die.
No more people in my sig.
No for nova. Novaminion has been denied, you can re-apply in 2 weeks time.
_________________.( MindStorm )._________________
I'm the leader of this pretty cool clan called Apex.
IRC is love, IRC is life. Hit me up on the #Apex channel!
Wanna help feed my ego? Join my fan club!
Are you awesome? Apply for Apex.