Toribash
People are stupid now days jelly don't worry about them.

But yea I agree with Soah.

Provided it should be a little different.
Screenshots: Dungeons
I'm implementing randomly generated dungeons with the following features:

- Fire and spike traps
- Levers, doors, gates
- Dungeon bosses
- Treasure chests

Check out my test dungeon run in the screenshots below.

P.S.: Before you ask: I'll increase the XP you get for killing bosses.

Anime United
Mining wouldn't suit this game at all. Sure, it has cubes, minecraft has cubes and it has mining so it must work, right? But this, I believe, is a combat RPG at heart and that's what the dev wants.. a game about exploring, combat and the basic RPG elements with added features. being able to mine through the world would just derail most people of the true purpose of the game and have them off making mining shafts and making farms to collect resources when he wants the resources etc to be found in dungeons, bosses, mobs, treasure chests etc.
Yeah no mining, but I would love the terrain to be destructable, eg an explosive arrow bolt may blow up a chunk of the ground revealing a underground passage to a dungeon
Originally Posted by Soah View Post
The only thing that I would add to this game is mining.

I understand this may make it to much like minecraft but I like the fact you have to search for materials to make your weapon of choice.

We will see when this game comes out it already looks super awesome.

Mining in a game such as this with predefined caves, monsters and other structures would pretty much break gameplay. For example, say there was a massively powerful sword hidden at the back of a cave full of really, REALLY powerful enemies. That sword could be easily grabbed by some random low level dude who mined into the back of the place.
There are other methods of getting around it (see: Skeletron's dungeon from Terraria), but I'm happy for there not to be mining in the game.
If the player had access to terrain destroying abilities or items, that would be neat though.

Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
i dont know if you read a bit that forum and stuff but i think that what you mean is already in the game , the spirit system here can you read more about the system , sry if thats not that what you mean

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks for the link, it was very helpful. Nice to see they've already implemented this. Two-handed banana here I come!
4zb41, there is destructible environment. I'm not so sure about player destruction yet but he mentioned he's putting in a "class system" and the next one is a mage so I'm guessing there will be with things like bombs and powerful spells.
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
4zb41, there is destructible environment. I'm not so sure about player destruction yet but he mentioned he's putting in a "class system" and the next one is a mage so I'm guessing there will be with things like bombs and powerful spells.

I hope so. I watched the trailer and saw that the environment was destructible what with that big blue crab ripping through the landscape.
But yeah, if anything I'd expect him to add bombs (if only because one of his inspirations is LoZ) so hopefully the player being able to destroy the environment will be implemented one way or another.

Not sure about mage spells though, although I guess you could have like Earth magic or explosions which could do the same. Something like the dirt wand in Terraria would be neat, especially if you could then fire the dirt blob at enemies.