Toribash
make this pseudo tournament esgn fight night-esque. players names on wheel you spin the wheel person you land on you play in something like a first to 5 set. in terms of characters just make it so winner has to keep the character they won with, and loser can switch if they want. 'cause a regular tournament with only 14 players is going to finish quickly.

check vid for more info on fight night where they explain some other stuff like defensive options on the spin and more than 1 name to the wheel. i'm sure there's a website that can simulate this

ref: http://youtu.be/2I3X2cO9InQ?t=4m35s
teeth marks on my goosebumps, the chains frostbit me.
Sounds good enough to me, I like the prospect of messing with character rules but it doesn't necessarily have to be for this tournament.

Here's a wheel with the names of everyone in the lower bracket.
Currently its set to remove whoever has been picked from the list, but it's easily changed.

Now all we need is a confirmed prize-pool, attendance and a date/time, right?
collect snots from the nose
make it all one 'bracket' before i hack your habbo hotel account fucking glitcher
teeth marks on my goosebumps, the chains frostbit me.
to make it more interesting, i would also be willing to stream the matches, wheel spinning, shit talking, etc. might be fun to watch for the people who didn't/couldn't make it or anyone else who wants to watch

could make these small tournaments a regular thing and then have a few bigger tournaments later too
Oh boy, I always wanted to make a fool of myself in front of a larger audience.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
make it all one 'bracket' before i hack your habbo hotel account fucking glitcher

No way fuk boi, we both know you've been going easy these last few lobbies. You could readily 2-0 anyone in the lower bracket in your sleep.

Originally Posted by Faint View Post
to make it more interesting, i would also be willing to stream the matches, wheel spinning, shit talking, etc. might be fun to watch for the people who didn't/couldn't make it or anyone else who wants to watch

could make these small tournaments a regular thing and then have a few bigger tournaments later too

Definitely would be awesome if we could get this streamed. Me and Phail were talking about this and weren't sure if you could get it done under the Toribash game tag though, so we might just have to announce it here or something an keep it under the USFIV game in Twitch.

I'm all for making these mini-tournaments a regular thing. I'd kind of like to go through a dry run with the in-game system just to see what it's like. Think it would be hella hype.

Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Oh boy, I always wanted to make a fool of myself in front of a larger audience.

Everyone's gonna make a fool of themselves, haha. Part of the fun, right?
Make a fool of myself Don't make me bring out my ruffneck Rufus.

But in all seriousness, practicing Akuma and Sakura. Been messing with his kick jump into heavy punch. Don't really know the name of it right now. That shit is pretty powerful.
Last edited by ed; Nov 21, 2014 at 11:37 AM.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Right-o, seeing as nobody is not lazy enough to make a move on this I thought I'd write up the rules/guidelines. Anything can be changed but I'm going to set a deadline and a bunch of rules. If people who are playing are cool with it then we gucci.

Lower Bracket Tournament Rules & Guidelines:
  • Deadline: 28 November at a GMT we can all agree on (8 OR 9 PM GMT+0 FOR NOW).
  • Character limit: Confirm 3 characters that you are going to play before the start of the event. These characters are the only one you can choose and they will be announced on the day of the tournament.
  • Games: Winners will be decided by playing a set of matches whereby the first to win 3 moves on to the next round. Finals are a first to 5 wins.
  • Brackets/Seeds: Sign up before the 27th of November (random seeds will be allocated on this day) to enter.
  • Prize pool: I'll match the highest donator, but I'm thinking:

1st = 65% of the pool.
2nd = 25% of the pool.
3rd = 10% of the pool.

Currently signed up players:
Gynx
Oracle
Ed
Faint
SigmaPhi
Last edited by Gynx; Nov 27, 2014 at 01:18 PM.
If my counting isn't wrong, 28th is a Friday, yes? I should have school off that day, so virtually anytime would be good. Keep in mind though that the 28th is Black Friday for the 'muricans, and it could be entirely possible some poor soul is attempting to brave/service the crowds
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Luckily I have a new work time. So anything after 4pm, -5 gmt, is good for me.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم